Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 11-30-2022, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

Weed should definitely be a life sentence tho. Especially if you are both obese and self medicate with it.
Old 11-30-2022, 03:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^
Yea my stepdad has been on roughly the same dose of oxy for like 6+ years. I dunno how he isn’t constipated but he doesn’t seem to get that side effect

Substances are like keys fitting into the lock of someone’s DNA. Some keys fit perfect, and those people feel a far more intense high and will usually willingly overtake a set amount, rapidly building tolerance

And I was going to mention there are meds which someone can take at the same doseage for life. But benzos from what I’ve heard are generally not one of those. Not saying it’s not possible, but it’s not the norm. Or maybe it can’t become the norm, because there are far less willing to prescribe it these days

I have to ask every psych patient I see what meds they are on as part of the psychosocial part of the chart, so I keep track of the newest common stuff I hear. It’s usually hydroxizine or vistril for anxiety these days

It's a charm. The tell is, again, the tolerance curve. Mine is non-existent. If anything, I am trending down from 3mg being the norm to 2mg being the norm past few years. The condition "wears out" alongside with other things.

Hospital protocols hate benzos. It is also state-hassled med. Pain meds are hassled. But that's why I've had the same p-doc, private practice, for 14 years now. I've seen his son grow up.

Anything trying to half-measure what a benzo is for, or at the opposite extreme bending how it works, is asking for trouble. Just let it be. But as a "sleep aid"?

That just sounds like trouble. Find something else. You will hit a tolerance wall with being sleepy/feeling itchy and then yer in trouble. If you really have trouble sleep, ask for a very small dose of an atypical antipsychotic. But that's gonna change ya.
Old 11-30-2022, 03:27 AM
Planar Protector

^^^ old
Old 11-30-2022, 04:04 AM
Planar Protector

Benzos are safer than offlabel use of drugs like

Quetiapine
Brand name: Seroquel

Or stuff like Prozac.

All of which drastically increases suicidality and triggers homicides. Mass violence. (Shooting ppl driving cars into crowds or in rare cases the subjects cold turkey some how survive and manage to build a bomb without killing themselves).

Anyway the difference is lawyers and liability. If you got $$$ and aren't a criminal u get benzos if you're homeless or on public Healthcare (Obamacare) u get the suicide/homicide pills.

Benzos aren't that much safer or effective. They are way more pleasant tho.

If you get given a diagnosis for non benzos u are in for a real world of hurt. I can't tell you what you should do.
Old 11-30-2022, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

I mean, getting "dangerously" addicted happens, but it is a) predictable and b) avoidable.

You have a substance. You can know what it is. You then ask yourself what to do, applying Roger's Four Rules of Gambling. And yeah, it's your hand. Yours alone.

I don't get why some people play at some tables. It's a cry for friggin help.
Old 11-30-2022, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of which drastically increases suicidality and triggers homicides. Mass violence. (Shooting ppl driving cars into crowds or in rare cases the subjects cold turkey some how survive and manage to build a bomb without killing themselves).
Which is nice to know when 40 MILLION Americans take these drugs.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No wonder we're all fucked in the head.
Old 11-30-2022, 01:49 PM
Kobold

They tried to make me go to rehab, but I said I'm tracking for DKP.

Yes, I've been black, but when I come back, I'll have FT3.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 11-30-2022, 03:10 PM
Banned

Old 11-30-2022, 08:25 PM
Banned

My “knock out cocktail” for sleep includes: unisom sleep tablet + 10mg melatonin + Benadryl + a small sip of z-quil. All of these taken at the same time can usually power through the 250-300mg caffeine pre-workout I took ~5 hours before

But sometimes not. But I’ve had chronic insomnia my entire life that I inherited from dad. Sometimes I can not even take pre-workout at all, and take double of the things I listed above, and not get 1 minute of sleep. But it’s not much of a problem, I can work a full shift on no sleep no problem. 2 nights no sleep gets tougher, I start to get really drowsy while driving, but have never had an issue working a full shift on that either

On the rare times I go 3 nights no sleep I’ll usually call out at that point because driving gets too risky

Feel free to lecture me about it but I’ve heard it all before :/
Old 12-01-2022, 04:33 AM
Banned

I was in rehab even though I had never used drugs and wasn't an alcoholic at the time.

I went to the VA Hospital for help with PTSD, and they pretty much locked me in a psych ward and the wing I was in was nothing but rehab patients. I was the only person in there who was in there for PTSD. I remember that we weren't allowed to have anything but water the entire time I was in there. Some girl got in serious trouble after she got her visitation with her boyfriend and he tried to sneak her a mountain dew in. I didn't even know caffeine was considered a drug at that time.

I remember the day I got out though, I drank a cup of coffee, and I got insanely high off of it. So I guess there's some truth to that.

I also started playing WoW again after not touching it for years because Cataclysm had just came out, and this girl in there kept talking about how bad she wanted to play it, and we agreed to play when we got out. We exchanged emails, but I got out first and started playing it. When she got out she e-mailed me and told me she was sorry, but she had a boyfriend (she was fat, I didn't even want to date her? lol).

But by that point I was already addicted to WoW again.

Crazy times.