Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-02-2022, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with Swish on the second point. If P99 didn't go through the other emulator forum and just had a single webpage with one file to click and download we would be waist high in live EQers and nostalgia casuals.

Imagine the site seeing tours through Freeport. "Yes that is poop on the ground. No don't go down that lane, that's the caster guild, those two NPC's will wreck you. Well then don't worship that evil god, now get in the sewers where you belong."
Eh Idk. IMO it's really more of the fact that so many people don't even know that these emulator projects exist AT ALL.

I've lost track of the amount of times I've mentioned P99 to former EQ players either IRL or on places like Reddit and they're like "wait servers like that exist? That's awesome"

We got some good coverage around the time when Green launched and with the EQ 20 year anniversary that helped get the word out a bit, but overall so many people who played EQ back in the day have no idea that this place even exists.
Old 12-02-2022, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Enough people to fill a half dozen servers know it exists. They just know what it's actually like playing here.
Old 12-02-2022, 11:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enough people to fill a half dozen servers know it exists. They just know what it's actually like playing here.
I think the people who'd be mostly interested in it for the nostalgia kick are in their 40s and have 2 kids who need to go to college. Give it another 20 years when we're all in a home with shitty internet and P99 will be huge again
Old 12-16-2022, 10:22 AM
Skeleton

Can't wait for my 4 year old and 6 month old kids to go to college so I can play p99 again!
Old 12-16-2022, 10:04 PM
Orc

I think it would work well if it was communicated ahead of time. Six months in, two servers merge for efficiency after launch.