Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 12-04-2022, 11:11 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

not sure if this a joke thread or whatever, don't care i'm not ashamed - I was in rehab for 50 days in 2020. After an incident where a friend of mine died at my workplace i was too mindfucked to keep working. Not into hard drugs or alcohol, weed use went into overdrive all day long which doesn't really help.

I was attending dr appts, counselling and psychologist regularly but not seeing any progress mentally and after about a year and a half a hybrid ptsd/addiction inpatient service was offered. I was reaching out for anything i could at the time.

It was somewhat of a high-end place (cost of $40,000 covered by workplace insurance). Being there was really hard at first, 50 days ahead of me was daunting - super upset for about a week and then realized after meeting people and doing things that i was kind of enjoying it.

The addiction piece was alcoholics anonymous based, which i guess is pretty common. I wouldn't say it was a bad experience but it's a pretty brainwashy approach. I met a lot of good people, some annoying people, some crazies which was overall entertaining.

If you look into it the success rate on sobriety after being in rehab it's something like 1% if that - so like, it's not like something that's going to solve everything in your life by any means but it was a good 'soft reset'. If you're in a bad place and its available i'd say take it.

Worst part was being away from my wife, also i shared a room with 2 dudes which wasn't bad but not ideal because i snore like a mofo.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Overcoming addiction to any substance requires an enormous amount of determination and drive. What works for you may not work for others. Despite being berated, never let anyone get you down. Bless up to those of you have beaten such odds.

Cheers.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenbeanz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure if this a joke thread or whatever, don't care i'm not ashamed - I was in rehab for 50 days in 2020. After an incident where a friend of mine died at my workplace i was too mindfucked to keep working. Not into hard drugs or alcohol, weed use went into overdrive all day long which doesn't really help.

I was attending dr appts, counselling and psychologist regularly but not seeing any progress mentally and after about a year and a half a hybrid ptsd/addiction inpatient service was offered. I was reaching out for anything i could at the time.

It was somewhat of a high-end place (cost of $40,000 covered by workplace insurance). Being there was really hard at first, 50 days ahead of me was daunting - super upset for about a week and then realized after meeting people and doing things that i was kind of enjoying it.

The addiction piece was alcoholics anonymous based, which i guess is pretty common. I wouldn't say it was a bad experience but it's a pretty brainwashy approach. I met a lot of good people, some annoying people, some crazies which was overall entertaining.

If you look into it the success rate on sobriety after being in rehab it's something like 1% if that - so like, it's not like something that's going to solve everything in your life by any means but it was a good 'soft reset'. If you're in a bad place and its available i'd say take it.

Worst part was being away from my wife, also i shared a room with 2 dudes which wasn't bad but not ideal because i snore like a mofo.

Old 12-04-2022, 01:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, i did get this - honestly not from patients but from the staff mostly. They'd be like whatchu in for...no really...what else...??
Old 12-10-2022, 08:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Rehab is the biggest scam going. If you dont want to quit, no amount of shame or pain will make you. You HAVE to want it, its a genuine requirement to succeed.
Old 12-10-2022, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Williams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rehab is the biggest scam going. If you dont want to quit, no amount of shame or pain will make you. You HAVE to want it, its a genuine requirement to succeed.
@unsung - is aversion therapy good and does it mean ECT?
Old 12-10-2022, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

no and yes
Old 12-10-2022, 11:43 PM
Banned

One of my friends died the day after he got out of rehab.

When I wanted to quit, I felt a huge amount of shame for how I was living, and I was dead tired of the violent lifestyle.

I was living out of my car, hiding from drug dealers that I was robbing across town with a crowbar.

One with a handgun that I borrowed in exchange for a gram of coke.

I was fucked up. One thing that stuck with me is how one of my childhood friend's mom looked at me one day. When growing up, she liked me because I was polite and behaved well. She looked at me with this fearful look.

Right into my soul. It was only a moment, but it made an impact and snapped me out of things.
Old 12-10-2022, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of my friends died the day after he got out of rehab.

When I wanted to quit, I felt a huge amount of shame for how I was living, and I was dead tired of the violent lifestyle.

I was living out of my car, hiding from drug dealers that I was robbing across town with a crowbar.

One with a handgun that I borrowed in exchange for a gram of coke.

I was fucked up. One thing that stuck with me is how one of my childhood friend's mom looked at me one day. When growing up, she liked me because I was polite and behaved well. She looked at me with this fearful look.

Right into my soul. It was only a moment, but it made an impact and snapped me out of things.
Do you have her number?
Old 12-11-2022, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have her number?
The mom?