Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 12-20-2022, 08:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gay dudes use Poppers, right?
#notallgaydudes

I think me and like 3 others hate them.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 12-20-2022, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like dude was in shock. He probably didn't kill his bf.
Old 12-21-2022, 12:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#notallgaydudes

I think me and like 3 others hate them.
Good thing because I believe like all inhalants the high is literal organic brain damage to the tissue. Not talking chemical levels being thrown off, at least in many cases those can correct themselves through homeostasis if the person abstains from the substance long enough. Organic brain damage is often permanent

I would rather lose both my legs than have early onset Alzheimer’s. At least with no legs I could still play video games and understand what is going on around me
Old 12-21-2022, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok yes, I don’t want to mention too much because PHI but I just have to say a bit. I fucking have to…

So this was a gay guy, still dead on the ground, had to walk around him. I was there to talk to his grieving bf. The boyfriend told me that his bf in the morning will sometimes get on the “fuck machine” before work. When he does this he does poppers, which are what killed him. I didn’t actually know much about poppers but apparently like all inhalants they are extremely dangerous

His bf said that he knew something was wrong because his bf is normally very loud when using the fuck machine. He then held out two dog collars while crying, saying they will never be able to wear them again for “puppy play”. He then explained that this was a dom/sub fetish they had. And all of this in front of his mom

Now over the past 15yrs I’ve heard and seen some very weird shit, and because of that I have a great poker face. But it was pretty hard to not be sitting there like…
Gay dudes are always into some wild shit.

I dated a theater girl back in the day and so naturally, 90% of her friends were flamboyant gay men.

Those dudes be fucking 100% of the time. They probably fuck while they sleep.

She brought me to one of their birthday parties and they all got drunk running around in thongs, trying to see if I had a hairy ass because I was the only straight dude there.

It was horrifying and fascinating at the same time.

I almost respect it.
Old 12-21-2022, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

I don't know if it's because I have had EQ taken away from me so many times. But I usually just imagine if all the drug addicts could play Everquest, maybe their addiction would go away.

I realize that does not apply, for people here already playing. It would be sad to play EQ so much that even classic is boring. But hey, what is, is.

I've personally had negative experiences with AA/Rehab. Sorry for saying that, because I wouldn't want to take away from someone seriously needing recovery. I felt like sharing though.

But I'm from a different camp. I hope all people with drug problems, get the help they need. Or replace the drugs with something else in life.

I'm from the camp, where I've been tortured against my will. So, I never was down with people telling me, all my problems are booze, and I choose to this and that.

I feel bad saying that though, because I really do think rehab is good for those who need help from drug addiction. I just felt like sharing. I hope you all find your cure.
Old 12-21-2022, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

" It would be sad to play EQ so much that even classic is boring. But hey, what is, is." I didn't mean sad in a condescending way.
Old 12-21-2022, 05:51 PM
Banned

Addiction tends to jump from one thing to another.

So if you're not currently addicted to a drug, you're probably addicted to a game or sewing or painting.

Addictive personalities...

It almost feels off when you're NOT addicted to something.
Old 12-22-2022, 12:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So if you're not currently addicted to a drug, you're probably addicted to a game or sewing or painting.

Ya gaming addiction translates well to exercise addiction

Usually gamers are able to dial in on what they are doing, are fairly studious on learning the META, and are very used to micromanaging all these variables to min/max. Oh and usually pretty patient when it comes to grinding

So you switch the META to learning the best proper exercises/activity, min/maxing is supps/nutrition’s effect on performance, and having the patience to grind for years gaining only tiny fractions of improvement along the way is sort of the same thing in different form
Old 12-22-2022, 05:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Have I told you how great god is since I quit drinking?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-22-2022, 05:45 AM
Planar Protector

Everquest keeps me out of trouble.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]