Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2022, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All life benefits from mutations, some better than others. Silly to think it can only be one way when it comes to evolution. Give a chance Life finds a way.
So then how does homosexuality fit into any evolutionary model?

If you don't mate with the opposite gender, then you can't pass on your genetic traits.

makes me wonder how homosexuality survived the rigorous march through evolution, it should have been lost like every other trait that prevented the animal from mating with the opposite gender.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:44 PM
Banned

megaman 2 already solved all hero\villain puzzles
Old 03-31-2022, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
brazen vulnerability, that's my jam
That is a faux pas, you uncouth boor! Harrumph!
Old 03-31-2022, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So then how does homosexuality fit into any evolutionary model?

If you don't mate with the opposite gender, then you can't pass on your genetic traits.

makes me wonder how homosexuality survived the rigorous march through evolution, it should have been lost like every other trait that prevented the animal from mating with the opposite gender.
maybe you oughta be asking yourself, rather than botten

that maybe your understanding of the evolutionary model isn't complete and you should leave your bias at the door and worry about something more immediately important
Old 03-31-2022, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

I’d much rather have high speed rail and 100% domestically sourced electricity, as opposed to banning abortion and gay people

/shrug, always been way more of a fiscal conservative than a social conservative. Also, most of you dudes up in arms about this have no children. Doesn’t even make sense. If you care so much marry a gal and have 4 kids
Old 03-31-2022, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
… infertility leads to diagnosis in about 15–20% of identified cases. Not as high as one would think.
I think you that sentence backwards or something.

Quote:
Between 95% and 99% of XXY men are infertile because they do not produce enough sperm to fertilize an egg naturally. But, sperm are found in more than 50% of men with KS.6
Old 03-31-2022, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d much rather have high speed rail and 100% domestically sourced electricity, as opposed to banning abortion and gay people

/shrug, always been way more of a fiscal conservative than a social conservative. Also, most of you dudes up in arms about this have no children. Doesn’t even make sense. If you care so much marry a gal and have 4 kids
i'm married and we long ago agreed not to have kids

making having kids a litmus test seems like gatekeeping

everyone who exists is invested in the future, people who have kids are just more directly and immediately invested
Old 03-31-2022, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d much rather have high speed rail and 100% domestically sourced electricity
+1
Old 03-31-2022, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every sperm is sacred. And yes high percent but not impossible.
Old 03-31-2022, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1
This is one thing I think we can get all of us to agree on.

TRAINS +1
Closed Thread