Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 10:38 PM
Kobold

Default Ranger: Most Efficient Mobs to Solo?

I'm about to hit 52 on my ranger. So far I've been killing greens/light blues in HHK and HHP solo. I'm wondering if it's far more efficient to fear-kite animals that are blue in WW/EW (low ZEM) or if greens/light blues in a high ZEM spot?
Old 10-01-2021, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Depends on your gear. Hhk is best if you can keep up with the spawns. Do merchants assist nobles now even with harmony? Idk. Both bards and isa still better than fear kiting as long as they are blue
Old 10-01-2021, 02:26 AM
Banned

There are 3 dark blue barbarians in everfrost that are pretty good exp at that level. I never found a good spot for fear kiting animals as I leveled up. I tried animals in WW for a while but the exp was pretty bad compared to other easier zones.
Old 10-01-2021, 06:19 AM
Planar Protector

Generally speaking as a melee you want to kill mobs that are only barely dark blue.

A lot of the time mobs have about a 4 level spread. That means often the best time to kill them is when about half are green. This is because if they are all dark blue that means some will be 4+ level higher than you should be fighting and that can wreck your day as melee fights are very RNG.

If you don't already have a fungi tunic, I would say work on at least getting a Tolan's bracer and a good velious bow with at least 30/40 ratio. I'd probably want to pepper down the mobs to at least 75 or 80% health before engaging in melee.

If you already have a fungi and good haste, I would head to Wakening Lands and see how you handle Tar Goos at that level. You can take that camp into the upper 50s and its good easy money. You could also try Grobb guards but that will only take you one or two more levels but might be easier than Goos.
Old 10-01-2021, 11:02 AM
Sarnak

Bats in solb are doable if a little tricky to break for fearing. Zone in via sola, combo of snear, fear and root will let you break in and i think most should be dark blue but manageable at 52
Old 10-01-2021, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

I always thought panic animal kiting was the best way to go for my ranger but its been a really long time.

Before that it was just melee till low HP and then arrows and swarming.. like a classic newb.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:56 PM
Aviak

Dyrna take you to 56.
Old 10-02-2021, 04:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dablackgoku1234 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dyrna take you to 56.
dyrna will easily take you to 59, it's just slow af and boring
Old 10-02-2021, 04:22 AM
Planar Protector

Some trash in KC you can solo at 53. It’s pretty easy to get singles or CC.

Really fun zone to group in as a ranger too.

You can do most of hunter/forager cycles in Trakanon’s Teeth. Not too hard to find rez.

If you stick these out to 55+ things get way easier.

You may be able to do some Velks spiders too.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Yea animal fear kiting tapers off at 52. I personally wouldn’t mess with WW unless you also want to make scout rolls.

Go the distance with Dyrna. At that point a few more levels won’t be bad duo, grouped, or painfully soloing. I found life was exceptionally better 55+ with Chloroplast.
Closed Thread