Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 05-28-2022, 07:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is said that even though the off hand doesn’t benefit from damage bonus for damage purposes, it does benefit from damage bonus for aggro purposes.
If true, that might explain why nev's horn is supposedly an amazing off-hand. Do you have a source for that or is it just something you've heard?
Old 05-28-2022, 07:39 PM
Fire Giant

I feel like this kind of thing would have to be parsed really carefully to confirm.

Have someone without procs do X damage, then have tank do damage without procs until the mob turns. Subtract out the white damage and you should be left with misses. Subtract out the base damage of each weapon (do i have that right?) and you should be left with only bonus damage. Subtract out the bonus damage threat from the primary misses and you should be left with any offhand bonus threat.

Would probably need different weapon types in the primary vs. Secondary to be able to distinguish them.

Sounds like a lot of work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Philistine; 05-28-2022 at 07:44 PM..
Old 05-28-2022, 08:17 PM
Fire Giant

How about this for a simpler approach. You could take 2 warriors with the same attack power, have them dual wield identical non-procing weapons, with a slow offhand say a 14/28 Etched Steel Baton. They both auto attack a mob at the same time. The mob should be ping ponging back and forth. Have one tank equip a 9/18 jade mace in the offhand. That tank should eventually take over exclusive aggro if the invisible offhand damage bonus is a thing.
Old 05-28-2022, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

An interesting idea! Could get a quick idea of whether it seemed accurate. Would need a mob with tooooons of HP to try to overcome sheer RNG.
Old 05-29-2022, 03:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If true, that might explain why nev's horn is supposedly an amazing off-hand. Do you have a source for that or is it just something you've heard?
Just some hearsay. I can’t even remember which server I heard it, but the person that made the claim said someone in their guild tested it.

TBH I wouldn’t be surprised if it were just someone trying to sell that mossy twig offhander telling porkpies to push a sale.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 06-06-2022, 08:52 AM
Fire Giant

They did tons of testing on that green turtle with lots of HP...tested all the weps and it was found the nev horn was best offhand agro because white agro from delay...krez flame + nev horn is crazy agro especially on silencing mobs /nod
Old 06-24-2022, 10:54 PM
Fire Giant

Update! Have given the 2hander more of a go and it's worked well! The main challenge I've had with it is that others doubt it and I get a lot of people asking what 1handers I have available (in a kind and well intentioned way, dont get me wrong) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It DID do me dirty in a HOT and not proc for like, 4 mobs in a row. That was agonizing.
Old 06-25-2022, 10:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update! Have given the 2hander more of a go and it's worked well! The main challenge I've had with it is that others doubt it and I get a lot of people asking what 1handers I have available (in a kind and well intentioned way, dont get me wrong) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It DID do me dirty in a HOT and not proc for like, 4 mobs in a row. That was agonizing.
Ya bug shammy for avatar, helps a lot with procs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2022, 12:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya bug shammy for avatar, helps a lot with procs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the tip! I had DEX + FOS so I was maxed out on DEX and it was STILL a jerk! Avatar would be nice for buff slots and that attack bonus /drool
Old 06-27-2022, 10:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is said that even though the off hand doesn’t benefit from damage bonus for damage purposes, it does benefit from damage bonus for aggro purposes.
This is super interesting I’m going to set up some testing.

I think beyond Warrior aggro this has implications for offhand weapon choice for classes who are trying not to snag aggro (rangers and rogues) as a slower equivalent ratio weapon in the offhand could substantially lower risk of accidentally grabbing aggro.