Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 04-28-2022, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Fashion to consideration. Paladin's cannot get the gold human scale armor set from velious. Human shadowknights and warriors can. The paladin velious scale set is from plane of hate and it is blue.
Old 05-07-2022, 09:58 PM
Kobold

I used to pull all of VP on an SK and preferred it over a monk because of CoS. Kind of specific but I probs wasn't going to do that on a paladin. I'm sure there are ways you can be useful pulling In Velious but If your playing on blue it's really just easier to sit with the other 80 people and wait for someone else to do all the work. So either works really!
Old 05-08-2022, 12:32 PM
Kobold

SK better soloer with fear kite
Paladin much easier epic and cool heals

difference is how you wish to play. both pretty cool.
Old 05-08-2022, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SK better soloer with fear kite
Paladin much easier epic and cool heals

difference is how you wish to play. both pretty cool.
It just depends on what you want to solo. SK is better at soloing anything that can be fear kited, as that is more efficient.

Paladins are better at soloing anything that must be face tanked, due to their healing.

Both are cool I agree!
Old 05-08-2022, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

I find that I can solo a lot of cool stuff as a paladin. I imagine it's on par with any sk but getting in and out of places is a different story. Also with the soulfire nerf I'd imagine paladins can solo a number of things that sks no longer can.
Old 05-09-2022, 03:03 AM
Fire Giant

They will both off tank mobs in raids. SK can help pull if needed, Paladin can soul fire and heal groups in AOE fights. Paladin is overall more useful in both raids and groups
Old 05-09-2022, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

From my experience, If you have both at 60 have the paladin DS on the Sk and have the SK tank. If you only have one the Pally is a bit stronger because of the HP buff. Ultimately they are so close no one can tell the difference. I main an SK in raids and I honestly feel I have better options for snap aggro because of shorter cast times but after the snap, it's almost no difference. both classes can use their utility to help raids in different ways.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veleria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly feel I have better options for snap aggro because of shorter cast times
Disease Cloud, Shadow Vortex, Blind and Stun are all 1.5 second cast times
Old 05-12-2022, 02:08 AM
Planar Protector

The piercing skill for velious-era shadow knights maxes out at 209 (though it ought to be 210), which is slightly lower than the 225 skill that paladins enjoy. Nbd though since none of the best 1h/2h knight weapons are piercers, but still worth considering when beforehand.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:16 AM
Fire Giant

Wow is that true? Because weapon skill matters a ton for dps and it would explain why paladins consistently parse higher at bis. Is it true that paladins have more piercing skill than even warriors?