Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 12-08-2022, 05:51 AM
Fire Giant

Default Is it possible to fear kite in Kedge Keep?

Asking as a Bard main.
Old 12-08-2022, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Nothing in Kedge can be feared. Charming or face tanking w/mez is the move here.
Old 12-08-2022, 04:58 PM
Banned

I tried soloing Kedge Keep with my 51 Necro thinking "it'll be no problem! Just anothe-"

Dead.

I might try to solo it with my Druid, but I won't underestimate it this time.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Ive wanted to master kedge so bad but I cant spend 5 mins in that zone without noping out of it.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

My recommendation for anyone who wants to try Kedge is to start with the Ferocious Shark.

He's in a room all by himself that you easily get to with invisibility, and he paths out of it for minutes at a time, so it's easy to get setup. He's on a 22?-minute timer, he's just a melee mob, and the named spawns about 1 in 10 times. The named is a bit tougher, but about 1 in 10 times he drops what's essentially a tink bag (it's a bit heavier).

Once you feel comfortable fighting a single shark by yourself, you can start moving out from there. The room above has a couple seahorses, and one of them drops a nice cloak. They're casters, but they're not too difficult, and even if you're not a CC class you can root them in one room and fight the other in a different room (out of line of sight, so only one casts on you at a time). Also there's some small fish in that room, so you get to learn how to deal with those.

Above that is a room with three sharks, where one is a PH for a kinda decent helm. Once you've learned to deal with three sharks at once while fighting underwater, you've basically mastered Kedge. Of course, there's still more to learn if you want to fight mermaids or seahorses (on the other end of the zone), but once you master the Ferocious Shark and the rooms nearby, you'll have the basics of Kedge/underwater fighting down.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-08-2022 at 06:00 PM..
Old 12-09-2022, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

2023 make kedge great again

once i get my new computer set up in the new house (closed today) ill spearhead the operation

got mid 50s bard / necro / ranger options for it
Old 12-09-2022, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Nice I will try this shark sometime.
Old 12-12-2022, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

I've noped out of kedge many times already trying to Druid charm. I have some serious respect for people who can master Kedge.
Old 01-09-2023, 07:22 PM
Large Bat

I've got a 51 necro and I'm desperate for some new hunting grounds. I might regret it, but I think I'll go in there and do some poking around. Casting in water isn't my favorite thing but bloodgills we're decent practice.

Any necros care to share some good practices? Best to just root/rot & let pet finish stuff off?
Old 01-09-2023, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_chill_cat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got a 51 necro and I'm desperate for some new hunting grounds. I might regret it, but I think I'll go in there and do some poking around. Casting in water isn't my favorite thing but bloodgills we're decent practice.

Any necros care to share some good practices? Best to just root/rot & let pet finish stuff off?
I’d try root rotting the mermaids. Have pet finish them off and park pet in safe spot. There will be a learning curve if you get tired of it charming in CoM will be much better xp to practice for HS.

Good luck