Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 01-28-2023, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

A high elf enchanter who puts maximum points in intelligence (25) and the leftover 5 into charisma has as much charisma (95) as a dark elf or gnome is even capable of starting with. Those other races of enchanter obviously get the job done, so their charisma is by definition adequate. Thus the int-focused high elf represents a perfectly valid option for a player who wants more starting intelligence as an enchanter.

The no-drop spider threads from Velketor are common drops and quite often groups will leave someone outside group loot them if he asks politely. Since it's only a short run from the Great Divide portal, that should be obtainable for a wizard who doesn't mind checking on it from time to time. Might even land a group invite.

Danth
Old 01-28-2023, 06:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A high elf enchanter who puts maximum points in intelligence (25) and the leftover 5 into charisma has as much charisma (95) as a dark elf or gnome is even capable of starting with. Those other races of enchanter obviously get the job done, so their charisma is by definition adequate. Thus the int-focused high elf represents a perfectly valid option for a player who wants more starting intelligence as an enchanter.

The no-drop spider threads from Velketor are common drops and quite often groups will leave someone outside group loot them if he asks politely. Since it's only a short run from the Great Divide portal, that should be obtainable for a wizard who doesn't mind checking on it from time to time. Might even land a group invite.

Danth
True that. I typically play humans so putting points in CHA as an enchanter ends up with 90 INT and 110 CHA. My ranger started with 85 WIS I think, so tradeskilling between the characters were about the same level.

I actually zoned into Velks for the first time the other day hoping to loot some of those threads. Minutes later a bard showed me exactly what he thought of that idea by training and killing me. Proved his point and I grabbed my stuff and never went back again. The 5th shawl is just going to be locked to me it looks like.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Humans may well be the worst enchanter race on P99 due to low overall combined intelligence/charisma. Even stopping at 95 charisma I think you would end up with only 105 intelligence, which i regard as mediocre for that class.

Bards are a plague in Velk lately. If it was up to me I'd delete that class outright. I also lay some responbility on the P99 staff for not specifically outlawing swarm tactics in Velketor on account of that zone's massive amount of pathing- and Z-axis-related issues. Even the best bards there train regularly, most of them are far from the best, and few of them care who they run over in their pursuit of yellow bar progress-quest. Scum class of norrath. Even with them, you'd eventually get your spider threads if you kept at it. It's something to keep in mind.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Humans may well be the worst enchanter race on P99 due to low overall combined intelligence/charisma. Even stopping at 95 charisma I think you would end up with only 105 intelligence, which i regard as mediocre for that class.

Bards are a plague in Velk lately. If it was up to me I'd delete that class outright. I also lay some responbility on the P99 staff for not specifically outlawing swarm tactics in Velketor on account of that zone's massive amount of pathing- and Z-axis-related issues. Even the best bards there train regularly, most of them are far from the best, and few of them care who they run over in their pursuit of yellow bar progress-quest. Scum class of norrath. Even with them, you'd eventually get your spider threads if you kept at it. It's something to keep in mind.
That's true. Might actually break character and play a different race for an enchanter if I try again. Thinking either a tunare high elf or a dark elf to save on GGR money.

Definitely right about bards though. Don't think I've run into a single one that wasn't a complete scumlord. Might build up the courage to go back there one of these days, but exp is precious 50+ and I don't have any cleric friends so I try not to do things too risky. Best I can hope for is getting to loot the threads though, have no delusions of getting an actual group in there as a wizard.
Last edited by tadkins; 01-28-2023 at 07:05 PM..
Old 01-28-2023, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

I'd toss ya an invite if I were there. Maybe some day post-merge since the wife and I are on Blue.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'd toss ya an invite if I were there. Maybe some day post-merge since the wife and I are on Blue.
Appreciate that, thanks. I'm still hoping for the merge, only so I can have a fresh new roster of guilds to choose from.
Old 01-28-2023, 08:16 PM
Aviak

Purse isn’t on giant faction, wenglawks is indifferent to all and the net part is skippable, just hand the three scales to the siren. For the final turn in just invis to him, quickly hand in and gate out (do it with rune up cause helssen will aggro when invis drops)
Last edited by ithaqua; 01-28-2023 at 08:21 PM..
Old 01-28-2023, 08:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaqua [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Purse isn’t on giant faction, wenglawks is indifferent to all and the net part is skippable, just hand the three scales to the siren. For the final turn in just invis to him, quickly hand in and gate out (do it with rune up cause helssen will aggro when invis drops)
That's pretty cool. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm actually pretty good on bags though. Got a large soiled and forager bag for food/supplies, three tink bags, a box of abu-kar, a tiny coin purse and a free slot for temp flux and jboots.

Grinding guards and sisters for cash is probably the one thing I'm okay at lols.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
due to the sheer population of them on the server. Like right now...

/who all server count: 869
/who all druid count: 134

Definitely lose all sense of uniqueness as a druid.

Might still give it another try one day though.
As a fellow solo4life person I gotta say you're looking at this all wrong, if you're playing for you and you only then who cares if 99% of the server is also playing class_x? Uniqueness doesn't apply to a game old enough to buy booze.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, stop screwing around on a Wizard and roll a Necro if you're going to continue with this "woe is me I'm a solo player for life" mentality. That's a class that's literally designed to solo. Speaking as someone who's leveled both, you will feel MUCH more powerful and useful on the Necro, and be able to do a lot more stuff solo. It's also a much more fun class. As an unguilded solo player, the Wizard is literally only better for porting yourself around. And that's largely pointless, because... what are you even porting yourself for to begin with? To go be useless in another zone?
we told him this months ago