Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Default Martin Scorsese says Marvel movies are 'not cinema.'

Martin Scorsese, one of cinema’s most venerated current directors, has decried superhero movies – the dominant force in today’s industry. “I tried, you know?” the director said when asked if he had seen Marvel’s movies. “But that’s not cinema. Honestly, the closest I can think of them, as well made as they are, with actors doing the best they can under the circumstances, is theme parks. It isn’t the cinema of human beings trying to convey emotional, psychological experiences to another human being.”

Earlier this year, Avengers: Endgame became the highest grossing film in history after topping 2.8 billion dollars at the global box office. Marvel head Kevin Feige last year defended his films against the kind of criticism levelled by Scorsese, saying that the series’s lack of major awards was no indication of a lack of quality or ambition. Source
Old 10-05-2019, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

I loathe this super hero obsessed pop culture. Almost miss the zombie and vampire obsession everyone had before this. I enjoyed the 08 Batman movie but haven't been interested in any of the numerous other ones. Especially Avengers stuff, that's the most boring.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 10-05-2019, 02:32 PM
Banned

he's right
Old 10-05-2019, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I loathe this super hero obsessed pop culture. Almost miss the zombie and vampire obsession everyone had before this. I enjoyed the 08 Batman movie but haven't been interested in any of the numerous other ones. Especially Avengers stuff, that's the most boring.
As bad as the zombie movie craze was at its peak, it got us Shaun of the Dead.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Genre fiction has ALWAYS been attacked, in all forms (comic movies just happen to be the latest).

Like any form of art, the mainstream likes to "guard" access to their domain ... but (just like anytime non-mainstream art is criticized) the problem with the criticism often lies with the critic not understanding/appreciating the art for what it is.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

america is dead and you live in its rotting carcass op
Old 10-05-2019, 02:52 PM
Banned

Lasers are my antidrug. Without superhero movies I'd have no option other than opioids. That's all they make for my demographic.

Thank you IronMan
Old 10-05-2019, 03:46 PM
Banned

The movie industry is largely money laundering. Most movies don’t make a profit modern day.

It’s kind of like high art which I will now explain to you common people.

Elite Person A is an art collector with billions of dollars. He wants to make more. He will easily scam the field of art.

First he finds a starving artist that is at least semi talented. But there’s millions of those. He picks one and he buys their work for pennies basically because that artist is starving. He does this with a few artists that seem self destructive. Eventually one dies. Elite A has the art work of a semi talented artist who just died. The next step is to raise the value.
Elite A calls elite b. He has elite b buy a piece of art that came from the dead artist for millions of dollars which is promptly paid back under the table. Elite A then has Elite C who is in high art media put out stories that there’s this super talented artist who died recently and his art is going for millions of dollars now. Remember though, elite a bought it for pennies. They use connections to creat bullshit high valuations.

Movie industry works in a very similar way. It’s all a scam. Lots of money laundering, propaganda and getting friends paid.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

teppler speedrunning the political spectrum from right to left like a dialectical sonic the hedgehog as he works through the implicitly coordinated material interests of the capitalist class one incomprehensible conspiracy theory at a time
Old 10-05-2019, 04:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
teppler speedrunning the political spectrum from right to left like a dialectical sonic the hedgehog as he works through the implicitly coordinated material interests of the capitalist class one incomprehensible conspiracy theory at a time
I can help you get through this one. Which part of the last post were you not sharp enough to grasp?
Closed Thread