Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 08:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hunted deer in my youth with my step father. Rifle, shotgun, bow, crossbow, pistol etc. Various members of my extended family were all into hunting. South Carolina rural countryside. Deep woods are all around, some are open to the public during hunting season (specific animals during specific times) and some land is private, which you would need to form a relationship with the landowner and have his permission.

Equipment varies. There are many methods. What I did with my stepfather was use a tree stand, its a chair and floor piece that has blades that will bite into a tree. It lets you climb to a good height to get a decent view. Deer are very sensitive to movement and scent. We even washed ourselves with scentless odor blocker soaps before heading out at 4 am. You want to be in your spot before dawn. You field dress the prey and take it to a butcher. During hunting season local meat cutters earn extra cash. You then store and eat the meats.

South Carolina Hunting and Fishing Licenses information

Deer hunting is usually fall-winter. Rutting season (mating season). Different animals are at different times.

Don't fuck with Game Wardens.

Traveling varies on what you are hunting and where you would like to hunt/where you can hunt. For example I grew up on 9 acres in the middle of nowhere, behind our property ran a long stretch of land owned by Duke Power. Dense woods, a large river, a pond and a power station (you can hear the electricity running through the lines). We would hunt in there sometimes as well as fish. We had a small boat for the pond. But we also traveled to other places where we could or had permission to. Some guys have a hunting cabin deep in the woods and make a weekend out of it. This is just my experiences, there are many different ways to do it.

*Note: one political thing. The hunter excuse for gun ownership is nonsense. As an American I don't require a reason or an excuse to own them. Nothing else to say. I am still waiting on my legal fully automatic M-60 that requires no gun dealer license and a small dump truck full of armor piercing 7.62mm. Just because..
That last part made me lol! I want one too but good luck with that. You need all kinds of background checks and like dealer/collector licenses. Then you’re looking at $30,000-75,000. There’s 1 one gunbroker.com. I shot them a lot in the Marines and they are a lot of fun. I even did the “Rambo” 1 in each hand shooting and it’s not easy, you gotta be fit AF!
Stock up on legal AR-15s or AK47’s and boat loads of ammo,much easier and cheaper until the next mass shooting when prices go up and the liberal democratic (no offense, my best friend is a liberal left wing kook) nuts call for bans and say it’s our fault and we don’t need those guns even though almost all the past mass shooters are registered Democrats. But I digress I’m getting on a rant.

Go Cardinals! (St Louis)
Old 10-04-2019, 08:44 PM
Sarnak

I'm near Austin as well myself, I have no lease of my own but I have a buddy with one in West Texas and one near College Station. Whitetail deer and Hogs. Venison sausage is fantastic. I like to shoot a Deer and Hog, and get them mixed in the sausage. Wonderful stuff. Venison backstrap when pounded and chicken fried is absolutely amazing. Makes good jerky too. Hog backstrap is also good for this. The thing with a Hog is you want a smaller one - the big ones are disgusting and fit for nothing but coyote bait. Some ranchers will pay you a bounty for coyotes.

People that don't dress and clean their kills don't deserve to hunt, honestly. I've always been of the opinion that you owe the animal at least that much courtesy. If it's cold you can gut/skin and hang the meat overnight to get a bit of extra flavor, but honestly probably best to just get it in the cooler. Dump the rest of it, nature will take care of it.

As far as guns, I prefer a .243 for a shot at the base of the skull. Permits are easy in Texas at least. I've done some hunts elsewhere and it can be trickier. Elk hunts require a lot more money/equipment/luck. I've got some heavier guns but mostly reserve those for larger stuff.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
almost all the past mass shooters are registered Democrats.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-04-2019, 11:31 PM
Fire Giant

If full auto's your thing and you don't want to fork over 20-30K. Binary triggers can pretty much achieve almost what your looking for. It fires on pull and release. Takes a bit to get used to but if you are riding the trigger reset you can fire them pretty quick.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

For those who think full auto is not a hunter thing. Go to texas and go 1 on 1 with a wild boar. Those fuckers will shred your god damn legs open and mercilessly gash your face till you die a slow painful death.

Yes an animal is just as viscous as a crazed person.

I understand aus has an issue with kangroo population. automatic could be a solution .

Edit: I do no condone sport hunting or killing any creature for no sound reason. But it's proven that there are invasive species. No that isn't a comment on humans you ill minded folk.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-04-2019 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: typos galore
Old 10-04-2019, 11:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You then store them in a freezer.
Dahmer-style?
Old 10-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Banned

interesting thread
i passed the opportunity to go hunting with a bunch of rednecks i befriended during my country lake house days
sounds like i may have missed a good time
Old 10-05-2019, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
interesting thread
i passed the opportunity to go hunting with a bunch of rednecks i befriended during my country lake house days
sounds like i may have missed a good time
Hog hunting is no joke and definitely something to try at least once
Old 10-05-2019, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Rednecks are fun to party with.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

You have to be doing some really stupid shit to be in any real danger from a hog, much less in a situation where uou need full or even semi auto to protect yourself. They're wild animals, not tyranids.

That said you need to go hunting with those rednecks, it will be the best weekend you've had in years. Those boys know how to have fun, but be ready to drink from 6am to midnight.
Closed Thread