Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Define best... Monk are generally better... But try on 50+ cleric mobs for example... Fear kiting is just better in some cases...
Old 11-17-2020, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Having solo’d a Monk to 60 and now up to 54 on a Pally I don’t think the Monk is as obvious a winner as it is being made out to be. The Bind Wound in battle Nerf will definitely slow things down compared to what they used to be. That being said FD is pretty amazing and instant afk is nice while soloing.

Since the case has already been made for Monk here are a few thoughts on the Pally. First, there is no exp penalty on Pally vs. Iksar Monk. Get a new weapon (Reaver) and use the Fungi until you are able to click Deepwater BP. Once you can do that, ditch the Fungi and get an eyepatch of plunder (will take a bit of extra plat) or Crown of Narandi (preferable eyepatch). At this point you will be extremely capable soloing.

The mobs won’t die as fast, but the downtime is less between kills. The Deepwater Bp allows you to heal for 300 HP ever 10 seconds using a Jasper as the regent. You can also root a mob and do this 3 times in battle before root breaks and be 900 HP to the good. Calm is effective pulling and keeping an off mob rooted really isn’t much of an issue at all. Gets tricky before lvl 54 when you get Enstill if you get more than 2 though.

With this setup I’ve been pleasantly surprised with what a Pally can solo and how fast. I typically burn DS pots as well when exping which help 50+ but aren’t required. If I get 3 mobs in Guk I can usually take them all down no problem using roots and bp heals.

Just my thoughts and both were a lot of fun so you really can’t go wrong.
Last edited by Barlu; 11-17-2020 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 11-17-2020, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Didnt read any of this thread but the answer is monk with a fungi undisputed

Lame answer but its true
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 11-17-2020, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

It depends on gear. I think an SK is generally most useful versatile soloer and can fear kite for decent efficiency.

With excellent weapons and fungi and stuff monk is pretty strong.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:16 PM
Banned

The answer is monk no matter what other people try to say.

Its not even close.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being expected to pull as a solo melee would be interesting
Well. Who's gonna pull for ya?
I'm sorry but a Monk has to pull pretty much no matter what lol.

Back on thread, nobody mentions the Warrior so I ought to mention them.
Not because they are the "best" obviously. They aren't.
But they are super fun, and I will even go as far as to say that they might be the best solo melee for level 1 to 30 (fungi, twink yaddi yadda). Obviously from there they lose a loooooot of ranks vs the other melee classes hehe. But for the very very beginning they are super strong and fun, bonus XP, very fast to get all the cool skills to DPS more (dbl atk, riposte..), get the most XP out of quests, etc.
I am not trying to sell the warrior as the answer to your thread, not at all ^^ but they deserve at least a tiny mention, so here it is.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Monk or SK easily.

Monk with fungi and say Peacebringer or IFS, good ac/hp gear and mend is money.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 11-18-2020 at 02:00 AM..
Old 11-18-2020, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didnt read any of this thread but the answer is monk with a fungi undisputed

Lame answer but its true

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The answer is monk no matter what other people try to say.

Its not even close.
It's not the fun answer and people are probably tired of hearing it but it's definitely 110% true.

That said who cares, play whatever. It's a freakin grind after 50 no matter what.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well. Who's gonna pull for ya?
I'm sorry but a Monk has to pull pretty much no matter what lol.

Back on thread, nobody mentions the Warrior so I ought to mention them.
Not because they are the "best" obviously. They aren't.
But they are super fun, and I will even go as far as to say that they might be the best solo melee for level 1 to 30 (fungi, twink yaddi yadda). Obviously from there they lose a loooooot of ranks vs the other melee classes hehe. But for the very very beginning they are super strong and fun, bonus XP, very fast to get all the cool skills to DPS more (dbl atk, riposte..), get the most XP out of quests, etc.
I am not trying to sell the warrior as the answer to your thread, not at all ^^ but they deserve at least a tiny mention, so here it is.
Gnome warrior ftw! Level 20 40% self casted haste and 30 dex/str makes a huge difference in soloing. Can't split things unfortunately, but still a LOT of fun.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

I would say after careful shower thought analysis and about 30 seconds of thinking done in actuality.

It starts of with Monk>SK>Ranger>Pally>Warrior>Rogue

but by the end of the game pretty much everyone solos about the same, with SK's taking the lead, and monks being able to do OK

And any class can mow down lvl 40's by lvl 51+ by 60 and some gears u can mass kill lvl 40s mobs on any character.

Maybe the break point for hard stuff to solo is mobs lvl 48-52 for melees in general. Then its just kinda not gonna happen without cheesin pots, groups, nets, bs.

Going down into the undead parts of the hole is probably the hardest stuff an melee can do with any actual feasibility and its going to be an SK doin it, because without FD ur pretty much ded. And Sk's can actually move around in there, lull, and dps/self sustain a lil with leach/nukes/fears. Were as monks are just gonna spend all their time flopping and not actually kill anything.
Last edited by magnetaress; 11-18-2020 at 11:30 AM..
Closed Thread