Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 11:49 AM
Kobold

Default Aggro Range

Another thing from my hazy memory of circa 2000: Wasn't aggro range much longer? Seems like today, on both Blue and Green, you can get fairly close to aggressive animals (bears, gnolls, etc) without triggering aggro. I seem to recall it being much more dangerous out there.
Last edited by larper99; 10-21-2019 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 10-21-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another thing from my hazy memory of circa 2000: Wasn't aggro range much longer? Seems like today, on both Blue and Green, you can get fairly close to aggressive animals (bears, gnolls, etc) without triggering aggro. I seem to recall it being much more dangerous out there.
I have never noticed a difference between the way it was in live and the way it is here.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Aggro range or aggro likelihood differs from Threateningly to Ready To Attack.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aggro range or aggro likelihood differs from Threateningly to Ready To Attack.
Pretty sure the range isn't affected at all. Threatening will do a check to determine if they attack every few seconds once you're in range. Scowling will skip that check and simply attack.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure the range isn't affected at all. Threatening will do a check to determine if they attack every few seconds once you're in range. Scowling will skip that check and simply attack.
There we go. I felt it was one or the other.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:41 PM
Kobold

I don't know. I just seem to remember some creatures coming at you from what seemed like a very long way away (not all, just some). Like, if you were KOS to an NPC, and were literally in line of sight, they would charge.

Maybe I am thinking of a different game altogether. But I really do recall there being a "aggro distance has been reduced" announcement, perhaps per server.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know. I just seem to remember some creatures coming at you from what seemed like a very long way away (not all, just some). Like, if you were KOS to an NPC, and were literally in line of sight, they would charge.

Maybe I am thinking of a different game altogether. But I really do recall there being a "aggro distance has been reduced" announcement, perhaps per server.
As someone that is normally KOS everywhere, I don't remember this. Thank god as well cause it could have made my EQ experience crap!
Closed Thread