Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Aviak

Just wanted to say I did this and I'm happy with it. The non-city texture changes (like grass) are somewhat more subtle than the city changes but overall it's a nice effect.

I have several additional suggestions, maybe add to original post:
1. When installing Trilogy, de-select Kunark and Velious to save yourself a bit of time on the install and the copy.

2. There is an easy way to make backups of just the files you're replacing, instead of all of them (so as not to waste disk space).

A. Select all the s3d files from Titatium and move them to Trilogy, selecting "No to All" / "Don't Replace" when prompted.
B. The remaining s3d files in Titanium will be the ones you are replacing, as they are duplicates of the ones in Trilogy. Make a backup directory and move them all there.
C. Move all the s3d files from Trilogy to Titanium.

Note: This does NOT take into account the two broken zones, so don't ask me if you need to keep them or not, I don't know, but it's easy enough to copy them back from the backup dir if you need to. Also, it would be interesting to compare the gequip, bmp files, character files to see if they're the same size or different, although probably any changes are irrelevent for Trilogy / Classic era content anyway.

3. Enabling / disabling luclin models doesn't matter for the character models, but it DOES change the elemental models. I happen to like the new elemental models, so I have this enabled.