Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Normal people don't ask random strangers to spend their whole saturday helping them move, then people call you an Ahole for not helping a stranger.

Its weird to expect that type of charity from strangers.
If I was a toy train hobbiest, I may ask a fellow enthusiast to help me move them or obtain a particularly rare one.

I mean... We're talking about emulated eq, its /list system, and manastone ph's, not toy trains or moving labor. The mental gymnastics are getting complicated. If you got there second, you'd only be helping yourself to help the guy who got there first, right?
Old 11-14-2019, 02:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you're confusing me with someone else. I am Grakken. Please show me a threat.
First off, Im lumping you in with Masterize, but I'll concede that I did not see you say that you petitioned. Second, you made this forum post. That right there is an attempt to bully. Again, if you did not want to help, you could of just left the camp and moved on.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you mean coming to the forums to try shame someone into giving up their position isn't bullying? haha. you're cooked mate.
I never said in my OP he should give up his position. He was holding slot 1 hostage. And said 35 is too low for list at this camp. I stated a problem. And a fix for the system.

If someone feels shame for facts, I can't control their feelings.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I never said in my OP he should give up his position. He was holding slot 1 hostage. And said 35 is too low for list at this camp. I stated a problem. And a fix for the system.

If someone feels shame for facts, I can't control their feelings.
well he wasn't holding #1 hostage.

and you know exactly what you were doing lol.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:43 PM
Aviak

Grakken you are so far gone and instead of just admitting you were wrong and being a dick, your continuing to argue you were right. It just makes you look worse. Almost as bad as Masterize.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I was a toy train hobbiest, I may ask a fellow enthusiast to help me move them or obtain a particularly rare one.

I mean... We're talking about emulated eq, its /list system, and manastone ph's, not toy trains or moving labor. The mental gymnastics are getting complicated. If you got there second, you'd only be helping yourself to help the guy who got there first, right?
I see your point as far as the analogy muddys the water ( i think thats one of your points).

But continuing with your example, Id say its closer to him asking a fellow enthusiast - who he has never met - to buy him a rare train.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

It's funny because when I got to 35 and went to the camp, I felt really lucky to start at slot 2.

I /listed, said "yo" and number 1 and I grouped up to pummel eyes together. It was pretty cool and normal. When he got his, he even stayed a few cycles until another guy got there to make sure I wouldn't have issues. Then I helped the next guy find the camp in between ph's. Very pleasant in general

Ppl here are describing some really unfortunate behavior. This is not the way homies
Old 11-14-2019, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Nagafen raid time. Guild runs on DKP system. You know someone with more DKP than you is attending - do you attend?

THAT is the list system.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's funny because when I got to 35 and went to the camp, I felt really lucky to start at slot 2.

I /listed, said "yo" and number 1 and I grouped up to pummel eyes together. It was pretty cool and normal. When he got his, he even stayed a few cycles until another guy got there to make sure I wouldn't have issues. Then I helped the next guy find the camp in between ph's. Very pleasant in general

Ppl here are describing some really unfortunate behavior. This is not the way homies
Is the list legitimately only 2 people long on some server right now?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeshan31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grakken you are so far gone and instead of just admitting you were wrong and being a dick, your continuing to argue you were right. It just makes you look worse. Almost as bad as Masterize.
This has been a continuing theme I keep responding to. We fundamentally disagree on what the absence of charity is. You are saying if you don't so something nice for someone you are an Ahole. I believe charity is should be met with gratitude and lack of charity shouldn't be met with hostility.

Another example: someone comes up to me and asks me for a SoW. You think I am an Ahole if I don't SoW him. I disagree. I believe we have an entitlement problem in this community.
Closed Thread