Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kratom literally reset my brain and made me a social person.

wierd shit
Old 12-21-2018, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kratom literally reset my brain and made me a social person.

wierd shit
I have heard of this Kratom. Good stuff? Or the Devil's spice?
Old 12-21-2018, 01:09 PM
Banned

I'm not so sure I'd recommend EQ for depression.

Healthy diet, exercise, and in-person social interactions are going to yield far greater results.

EQ probably just gonna suppress the symptoms...and only temporarily.

Hell, we all have our reasons for pissing away our life playing this game. Who am I to judge?
Old 12-21-2018, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleLegit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have heard of this Kratom. Good stuff? Or the Devil's spice?
6 of one...

It's all in how you use it. Its really fun to take without too many consequences, if you take to much it'll just make you barf but you will be smiling while you do it.

Super addictive from my point of view, you are going to want to take it every day. I would advise limiting it to once a week or less. I have never gotten physically addicted but I hear it like stopping a good coffee habit cold turkey, so not as bad as hard drugs or cigarettes.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:11 PM
Banned

We just recently finished this series.. Very very fun series..

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/show/...s-pharmacopeia
Old 12-21-2018, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We just recently finished this series.. Very very fun series..

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/show/...s-pharmacopeia
Awesome, watching this one now, for no particular reason:

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video...1ee67a32f91737
Old 12-21-2018, 02:54 PM
Banned

Yesss!!! Which episode SC? The Kratom one? I really like the mushroom one.. And last night i watched the Toad one.. That one kinda freaked me out a bit...
Old 12-21-2018, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome, watching this one now, for no particular reason:

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video...1ee67a32f91737
HAha shoulda clicked ur link. Kratom.. Definitely makes me want to eat a leaf or 2...
Old 01-03-2019, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Back when I was depressed I remember spending an entire day immersing myself in the game. I didn't feel bad when I was immersed but I remember getting up from my chair after an entire day of EQ to walk over to my bed and being hit with just this wave of anguish, like EQ was holding the anchor up and when I stopped it just dropped. Binge-watching shows was a similar escape and I usually had to do it to sleep after a day of EQ. You can go on wallowing for years like this, consuming huge swathes of your life.

This is because EQ doesn't fix or even really modulate the most pernicious effects of depression, namely the suppression of motivation and enjoyment of activities. It's still going to be rotting away the rafters while you're absorbed in EQ. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed some stretches of that time. It was a very peaceful and at times enjoyable time of my life, but ultimately a dead end.

I hope that the good feelings you get from EQ can lead to a greater and more full recovery for you.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back when I was depressed I remember spending an entire day immersing myself in the game. I didn't feel bad when I was immersed but I remember getting up from my chair after an entire day of EQ to walk over to my bed and being hit with just this wave of anguish, like EQ was holding the anchor up and when I stopped it just dropped. Binge-watching shows was a similar escape and I usually had to do it to sleep after a day of EQ. You can go on wallowing for years like this, consuming huge swathes of your life.

This is because EQ doesn't fix or even really modulate the most pernicious effects of depression, namely the suppression of motivation and enjoyment of activities. It's still going to be rotting away the rafters while you're absorbed in EQ. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed some stretches of that time. It was a very peaceful and at times enjoyable time of my life, but ultimately a dead end.

I hope that the good feelings you get from EQ can lead to a greater and more full recovery for you.
Of course! I don't liken EQ to a cure or effective treatment. It keeps me out of my own head, unlike when I'm in bed, and my mind takes over. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread