Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 12:00 PM
Banned

Default The Vegan is Thread.

So apparently most livestock will eat live humans, especially pigs if they are injured. Or vulnerable.

Also Soy is really bad, like corn. Very GMO. Impure. Not fermented. Wreaks havoc on our insides. Though it will probably be domesticated and GMO'd into something reasonable within two generations.

Nature is full of everything trying to eat everything else. It's pretty damn silly to be emotional about it.

Let's be smart and develop sustainable aquaculture and make tasty grass fed beef for the survivors. Everything else can die.

Surf and Turfs on the menu. "boys".
Old 02-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Yikes.

First of all what does soy have to do with it?
Vegans eat more than just soy....
Just because 'Nature's full of everything trying to kill us' doesn't mean being a barbaric flesh eater is now logically justified. Eating meat isnt sustainable no matter how you try to 'slice' it, and anyone even half-woke can see and understand that. The way we treat creatures that cannot equally defend themselves,at the cost of our environment, and only for our own selfish gains is the root of what is wrong in our society. So many studies have shown you need little to no meat in order to sustain a healthy body. In fact, more and more evidence is showing how damaging meat consumption can be for humans.

Feel free to keep trying to macho-man up a logical excuse for an outdated and savage lifestyle though.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-10-2019, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

The ethic isn't about my feelings, or about health. At it's core Veganism has everything to do about what you believe about sentience.

We give humans rights because we believe there are unalienable rights due to their basic association as humans and the verifiable sentience, a.k.a. the ability to feel things (emotional feelings is what is implied here).

Note: it's not based on intelligence, nor on the ability to feel physical sensations.

So the question about eating animals is 'does this creature have the same experience of happiness, anger, love, concern, and care as me and does it share a self awareness of these emotions?'. The natural conclusion that follows, if I accept that certain animals exhibit sentience, is that those animals deserve the same rights that we attribute to other sentient beings, namely, the right to self-preservation and freedom.

If anyone has ever had a dog, you would be hard pressed to deny that you have seen, to some extent, an expression of these emotions from this animal. They express happiness, affection, shame, fear, and mine even pouts when I scold it. But is this truly a manifestation of emotions or do I anthropomorphize the animal to better help myself understand it? Am I rationalizing a societal norm of animal abuse and essentially 'murder' by continuing to promote the meat and dairy industries because it 'tastes good'?

Those are the questions that vegans wrestle with, and since there is no way to essentially 'prove' sentience, most vegans go with the 'I'd rather not take the chance of being a part of mass abuse' whereas many, myself included, sit on the fence with this idea until there is more concrete evidence.

In my mind there is no doubt that the American Agricultural industry is one of the worst polluters of our environment in the current day. More specifically the meat industry is by far contributing the most to greenhouse gas emissions, consumption of water, and pollution of water systems. A 1 lb. slab of muscle can take as much as 600 GALLONS of water to produce. That's absurd.

So for myself I've cut back on the consumption of meat based on concrete evidential science, but still haven't been able to fully embrace veganism, although I'm slowly moving that direction the more I continue to think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Last edited by Sonderbeast; 02-10-2019 at 06:09 PM..
Old 02-10-2019, 06:24 PM
Banned

Genesis 1:26-28 King James Version (KJV)

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

eating meat is moral OP
Old 02-10-2019, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

eating meat is moral OP
so is slavery
Old 02-10-2019, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

eating meat is moral OP
Indeed it is, and so is marrying your sister. But that is unethical now so we don't do that anymore now do we?

Quote:

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so is slavery
source??
Old 02-10-2019, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
source??
Leviticus 25

44 Your male and female slaves shall come from the nations around you; from them you may purchase slaves.

45 You may also purchase them from the foreigners residing among you or their clans living among you who are born in your land. These may become your property.

46 You may leave them to your sons after you to inherit as property; you can make them slaves for life. But as for your brothers, the Israelites, no man may rule harshly over his brother.

Also: shame on you for bringing in Old Testament law into this, don't you know Christ died as a fulfillment to the Law, so that you might live 'in Him' (in good conscience). For "...whoever knows the right thing to do, yet fails to do it, is guilty of sin." James 4:17.

Quote:

Old 02-10-2019, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eating meat isnt sustainable no matter how you try to 'slice' it
Most developed countries have negative population growth. There is plenty of land to raise animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia
The way we treat creatures that cannot equally defend themselves,at the cost of our environment, and only for our own selfish gains is the root of what is wrong in our society.
Evolution has not stopped on this planet, and you can't choose not to play. The strong and selfish will remain; the losers will be pruned from the gene pool.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leviticus 25

44 Your male and female slaves shall come from the nations around you; from them you may purchase slaves.

45 You may also purchase them from the foreigners residing among you or their clans living among you who are born in your land. These may become your property.

46 You may leave them to your sons after you to inherit as property; you can make them slaves for life. But as for your brothers, the Israelites, no man may rule harshly over his brother.

Also: shame on you for bringing in Old Testament law into this, don't you know Christ died as a fulfillment to the Law, so that you might live 'in Him' (in good conscience). For "...whoever knows the right thing to do, yet fails to do it, is guilty of sin." James 4:17.
oh well dang. i got owned. thus ends the shtick.

ill be back! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread