Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Default Request for Staff Confirmation on EXP

First off, let me just say that I am loving the server and this isn't a complaint post at all. Just wanted to clarify that upfront before people go "muh can't handle classic, stop whining" etc. I'm totally fine with the rate of EXP if it is, in fact accurate, but I feel like people have asked enough questions about it that it would be good to see an official confirmation so no one submits bug reports, keeps posting about it, etc.

In a group today, consistently chain pulling whites and yellows and reds, it has taken over an hour and a half just to get one yellow at level 6. Now, I know classic EXP is slow, especially considering the multiple penalties that you could have in one group with hybrids and casters (or racial penalties if you had a Troll or Ogre). However, this seems unusually slow.

Has the EXP rate been nerfed a bit due to the increased spawn time? Is it bugged? Or is it in fact 100% accurate and we're all just crazy? Saw another post about someone spending 8 hours at a bandit camp to get one level, which seemed really lengthy as well. Just thought it might be good to see an official message from the staff on this.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

Did you happen to have a higher level hybrid in your group?

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-28-2019, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hybrid yes, but not high level no. A similar level hybrid wouldn't account for it since it's shared across the full group
Old 10-28-2019, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Had a bard and an SK in my group last night. I couldn’t care less about the group penalties, but it was pretty slow XP. I mostly feel bad for those playing hybrids.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off, let me just say that I am loving the server and this isn't a complaint post at all. Just wanted to clarify that upfront before people go "muh can't handle classic, stop whining" etc. I'm totally fine with the rate of EXP if it is, in fact accurate, but I feel like people have asked enough questions about it that it would be good to see an official confirmation so no one submits bug reports, keeps posting about it, etc.

In a group today, consistently chain pulling whites and yellows and reds, it has taken over an hour and a half just to get one yellow at level 6. Now, I know classic EXP is slow, especially considering the multiple penalties that you could have in one group with hybrids and casters (or racial penalties if you had a Troll or Ogre). However, this seems unusually slow.

Has the EXP rate been nerfed a bit due to the increased spawn time? Is it bugged? Or is it in fact 100% accurate and we're all just crazy? Saw another post about someone spending 8 hours at a bandit camp to get one level, which seemed really lengthy as well. Just thought it might be good to see an official message from the staff on this.
It's correct. It's not hard to verify for yourself, like I did and mentioned in the thread you're talking about.

Again, as I went into a bit over in the other thread, low levels in EQ are kinda wonky with xp because of how exp penalties, exp sharing in groups, and low-level exp totals work. If you aren't in a group where everyone has similar exp totals (not level, exp totals), then you better be the highest exp total or else it'll feel very slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hybrid yes, but not high level no. A similar level hybrid wouldn't account for it since it's shared across the full group
You don't understand how it works, or you wouldn't say something like this.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-28-2019 at 12:35 PM..
Old 10-28-2019, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

There is a reason hybrids were highly unwelcome in groups prior to velious.

You think rangers jokes are just jokes?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, I’m not trying to hate on hybrids, but the one-two punch of a hybrid who is like four levels higher than you can just straight up stop your XP bar.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, as I went into a bit over in the other thread, low levels in EQ are kinda wonky with xp because of how exp penalties, exp sharing in groups, and low-level exp totals work. If you aren't in a group where everyone has similar exp totals (not level, exp totals), then you better be the highest exp total or else it'll feel very slow.
Getting past the pre level 10 slump while grouping is a feat of willpower. A lot of people don't understand how that mechanic works and get frustrated with it. It gets a lot better as you're all hitting 10 and evening out on overall xp totals.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Me...perience_Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting past the pre level 10 slump while grouping is a feat of willpower. A lot of people don't understand how that mechanic works and get frustrated with it. It gets a lot better as you're all hitting 10 and evening out on overall xp totals.
Exactly.

How about that Michigan game? Fuckin Irish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-28-2019 at 12:44 PM..
Old 10-28-2019, 12:45 PM
Banned

MuHhhH CANT HaNDLe CLASSIC XP!!!!!
Closed Thread