Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-25-2022, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is about the strongest possible natty for girls IMO although might be on some kinda sauce
Nice, I just drooled on my brand new phone.

That's a great ass. Some work it away. Same with their boobs. That's always a shame.
Old 09-25-2022, 02:09 PM
Banned

Things become a pendulum. It was always a good idea to not “fat shame” a heavy person because junky food is almost always going to be a negative means of coping for them. So pile on some shame and what do they turn to? Their negative means of coping. If they are gross to look at (and I agree they are), shaming is not the way to turn that aroud

But the pendulum swung too far the other direction and instead started trying to deny health risks and celebrating obesity as some sort of achievement. I guess the achievement is the confidence to “let it all hang out” or something. At least most plebs at this point agree that the fat acceptance movement got a bit of control and are giving it the occasional reality check

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 09-25-2022, 02:26 PM
Banned

This is what I really dislike though. Mostly because it was the literal reason for my parent’s divorce

How many relationships have strife and sometimes end because of this? My cousin just broke off his 2+ year relationship with his live-in gf and both of them have since dropped ~15 lbs. I don’t understand why so many people only care about being in shape when they are single

I get that having kids and settling down creates many other big priorities. But I also think too many people think they can get in a long term relationship and totally let themselves go and that their partner will always stick around not cheat. It’s disrespectful to do to your partner and risky in terms of maintaining a healthy relationship
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 58F4546A-B0E0-4AEA-A955-0FB3E2B4CEA7.jpg (19.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-25-2022, 05:38 PM
Banned

Love to see conservatives doing theory posting on romantic relationships, my favorite types of self-owns
Old 09-25-2022, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Things become a pendulum. It was always a good idea to not “fat shame” a heavy person because junky food is almost always going to be a negative means of coping for them. So pile on some shame and what do they turn to? Their negative means of coping. If they are gross to look at (and I agree they are), shaming is not the way to turn that aroud
I disagree. The fear of public humiliation is one of the most powerful motivating factors a human can feel. Think about someone going on stage to play guitar for the first time in their life, think that motherfucker is practicing ? Imo fat people should be shamed, being fat is disgusting and not ok. God did not create your body to be disgustingly obese, if it hurts someone's feeling to get them to improve, so be it.
Old 09-25-2022, 10:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree. The fear of public humiliation is one of the most powerful motivating factors a human can feel. Think about someone going on stage to play guitar for the first time in their life, think that motherfucker is practicing ? Imo fat people should be shamed, being fat is disgusting and not ok. God did not create your body to be disgustingly obese, if it hurts someone's feeling to get them to improve, so be it.
Fair enough, then we merely disagree on the effectiveness of it as a tool to motivate improvement to the masses

I think for you or myself, we might respond to shame with...trying to come up with a good description...a sort of indignant righteous anger. I think especially if the shame was warranted (otherwise we'd probably just ignore it). Like, "What? You think I can't do better than this? I'll show you"

But to assume that the majority of people respond to shame, especially when they are at probably a low point of their life being like 100+ lbs overweight might imply (there's gotta be something emotional driving that eating) in such a positive manner is to me overestimating the target demographic. I believe the majority of the target demographic would respond in a negative way that perpetuates their food addiction

And then the question is, is there another method of attack which could be more likely to have a positive result?

This guy is long-winded so dont have to watch, but he spells it out kinda like how I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 09-26-2022, 02:15 AM
Fire Giant

Did a full core workout at the gym two days ago, for the first time in years. Im' so sore right now i can barely roll myself out of bed. Girlfriend been trying to crack jokes all day because she knows how much laughing hurts.

Happy to be back in the gym but god damn the first couple rounds of soreness are brutal. /em snorts line of creatine
Old 09-26-2022, 02:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the first couple rounds of soreness are brutal. /em snorts line of creatine
Lol. Rich Piana supposedly used to snort pre-workout. And I’ve seen powerlifters do those ammonia shooters that are used to wake up unconscious people right before they try for a PR. Apparently it can cause a huge spike in adrenaline but I’ve smelled one before and it only smelled like complete facial/nose pain

First day soreness is a killer. If I can catch friends beforehand I try to warn them not to go hard on first days back
Old 09-26-2022, 04:54 AM
Fire Giant

Pre work out scares me.

Back in my day we just took creatine and protein powder.
Old 09-26-2022, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is what I really dislike though. Mostly because it was the literal reason for my parent’s divorce
That's sad, your parents got divorced because democrats switched us to high fructose corn syrup so rich people could get richer.