Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 02:58 PM
Skeleton

So its riots fault that the guild leader of Freedom logged in a Riot bot and tried (multiple times) to train the Riot raid?

Makes sense, you've convinced me
Old 11-30-2020, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

I am absolutely convinced, Thanks twochain
Old 11-30-2020, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

AM was forced into removing Riptoes from guild to mitigate the suspension. Which ended up being a week anyways - the same as what was given to Freedom. Whereas Furoar gets to stay in Freedom. Why should a guild leader be treated differently than a member?
Old 11-30-2020, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AM was forced into removing Riptoes from guild to mitigate the suspension. Which ended up being a week anyways - the same as what was given to Freedom. Whereas Furoar gets to stay in Freedom. Why should a guild leader be treated differently than a member?
F in chat for riptoes, he just had a moment of weakness too but got da boot.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me sit here and try to, yet again, justify someone's dumb behavior...
I don't know or care what he's donated, how many guilds he's been involved with, how long he's been on the server, or who did what before. This was an obviously premeditated act for which the only end was to cause a disruption that affected 100+ people on the server. With exhibitions of behavior such as this, I'd be willing to wager that this is not the first problem he has caused for the GM's over the years, but even if he'd never been the cause of a petition before, for all of their 'proclaimed' outrage at the act, lying, and time they had to spend researching this incident something isn't adding for him to get just a slap on the wrist suspension. I'm not sure what the actual punishment to him really is if he's playing on other toons anyway and then gets the offending accounts back other than perhaps a little damage to his 'reputation' - although I understand it's impossible to stop someone playing if they really want to due to the nature of the internet and this server. He will come out of this having lost nothing, and learning no other lesson than he can get away with this kind of stuff if he's more careful about it next time. After preaching for 10 years for people not to do this kind of dumb shit, it does leave you scratching your head a little on why staff would be so lenient on something so egregious and intentional, so naturally people are looking for their own reasons for the leniency within the void of an official explanation. It doesn't look good to your average player or instill confidence in the process.

News Flash: It's possible to play here and not act like a petulant child.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:12 PM
Kobold

the same people calling furoar a cheater before he was freedom an was AG/riot beatin AM...now there defending his actions lol...we get it furoar is ur daddy right now an AG is nothing without freedom....but to justify him loggin in another toon to train them? we all know he boxes an got away with it for so long he thought he could do it again...lied to GM's...but still people find its justified lol.....
Old 11-30-2020, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasterol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the same people calling furoar a cheater before he was freedom an was AG/riot beatin AM...now there defending his actions lol...we get it furoar is ur daddy right now an AG is nothing without freedom....but to justify him loggin in another toon to train them? we all know he boxes an got away with it for so long he thought he could do it again...lied to GM's...but still people find its justified lol.....
The people who called furoar a cheater when he was in Riot are now defending him and the people who used to defend him when he was in Riot are now calling him a cheater.

Yes that is how RnF works. You solved it.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

You guys are now officially e-Sherlocks
Old 11-30-2020, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

Facts

1. Intentionally logged onto another guilds shared-toon to intentionally train a said opposing raid guilds engagement
2. Boxing
3. Lied to server staff
4. Continued history of toxic behavior

Lying to staff shows a clear problem with character and candor. It means he thinks he is above the rules or that they don't apply to him so long as he thinks he won't be caught. But after this incident I see it as a clear indicator of character to anyone who continues to follow him. I don't care how successful the guild is at supplying pixels if my GUILDLEADER pulled this crap I would have left the guild the very same day. I would not associate myself let alone follow a leader that acts like that
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 11-30-2020, 03:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only person I have ever heard of getting permanently banned from playing on p99 is Alleriah... Who was busted 2x for RMT.

Considering first offense for intentionally training is usually 1 week, probably 1 month for a raid offense (I can't remember how much time Riptoes got but I think it was a month?), and boxing offenses is usually a 2 week ban as a first offense and perma ban of the accounts for a second offense.... Punishment seems right in line. And we're raid suspended for a week.

Guy had a moment of weakness, no doubt due to Riot's inability to admit a mistake. I'm just saying this scenario feels a little different than the other instances of this happening that I remember.

Riptoes was a retard who was mad we we're losing, and trained vulak on purpose in the Riot vs AM days. Nobody thought he was cool for doing it. Nobody wanted him to do it. Nobody thought Riot was cheating. Just a berg doing berg things. It was kind of funny in retrospect.

Lordbob? Hyjal?(correct if wrong) did the same thing.... again over a Vulak. That was sheer anger that we kept winning the big mobs. I can't remember if there was a specific reason he logged one of our bots and did that, other than anger. This was AW vs AM days. I don't think it was a "They're wrong and wont admit they are wrong, so i'm going to fuck them" scenario, but....... it was kind of funny in retrospect.

Fur did this at a Koi. He was frustrated that Riot absolutely refuses to admit any fault, with any scenario. Reading the UN is kind of ridiculous. "Lmao nahh not even". IDK. It's hard to weigh in about it without considering bias. Of course I think that about Riot, i'm on the other side of them. It really feels as though the 3 week mandatory talk about it break..... did absolutely nothing. For real, what positives have came from this shit? We still cannot talk reasonably about raid disputes, we still are at an impasse on things that should be a no brainer......... such as racer limits, and turning doze into a foot race. Furoar isn't a berg like some of you are. I've witnessed patience in some absolutely outrageous situations in game. This was a case of someones frustration boiling over. And i'm giving Riot a little bit of fault into it. maybe 15%. Obviously it was dumb as shit and he shouldn't have done it ............................. but i'm sure a year from now, in retrospect, this will be kind of funny. It's kind of funny now.

Let's stop trying to stick it to each other. 20 years from now, this box will still exist. And a third of the main healers and main tanks will be dead from old age. On a long enough timeline, this server will probably become a one guild ordeal, so let's stop pretending.

@Riot leaders, there are a few disputes going on now. We all can see in the UN. Instead of acting like little weirdos about the information you do or do not have, JUST SHOW IT. Make us look stupid. Make us look like everything we're saying we are frustrated about it completely wrong, and it's a matter of pixel sickness. Because as it sits now, it just seems as though the strategy to deal with raid disputes is indifference. "We conducted a review on our side and you're wrong" doesn't fit. I read something everyyyy day it feels like that completely conflicts with things previously said when concessions were asked. THE MAIN CULPRIT being the scenario in which we had to concede two vulaks after our very first vulak kill..... because a mob popped and RNG'd one of our players while you were engaged with lord feshlak.

IDK bois, i hardly have time to play right now, but some of ya'll need to relax.
lol
Closed Thread