Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Default exp nerf on Quests

Ahoy da mates.

Ive heard that the GMs nerfed the exp you get for quests or something.
I am not 100% sure what are the details and I didnt came here to bash or cry, but I only would like to say that I think it would be way better if you can complet the same Quest not more often than 3 times per hour or so. On this way random people still have a chance to get some nice Bonus exp while exping and hardcore players cant abuse it to hit lvl 60 fast.

My english sucks but I hope you know what I mean and understand my post as pure feedback.

thanks for reading
Old 11-09-2020, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

When certain naughty people are filling hundreds of FREE alt accounts with quest turn in items so they can abuse the system in a not classic way. I'm ok with the staff turning off quest exp for a month.

Some seem to think other people's actions don't affect them but they do.

Edit: name and shame the players who ruined quest exp. Should be upset with them, not the staff.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-09-2020 at 11:29 AM..
Old 11-09-2020, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Are the exp quests active on red and blue? or did all the servers die?
Old 11-09-2020, 03:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When certain naughty people are filling hundreds of FREE alt accounts with quest turn in items so they can abuse the system in a not classic way. I'm ok with the staff turning off quest exp for a month.

Some seem to think other people's actions don't affect them but they do.

Edit: name and shame the players who ruined quest exp. Should be upset with them, not the staff.
The players who ruined quest XP are already lvl 40+ on their iksars because they had other means to boost. Meanwhile all the mobs in FoB are dead, so it just punishing the people who dont have a bis 50 druid friend helping them or 10kpp to pay one. Atleast when they amass turn in mats they put money back into the economy to help noobs farming GLS and CB belts. This way noobs can only sell bone chips for plat...

EDIT My solution without adding back quest XP would be to increase mob spawn rates in starter zones and maybe a small XP bonus.
Last edited by bigfun; 11-09-2020 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: adding stuff
Old 11-09-2020, 04:22 PM
Orc

They wern't stockpiling for their lizards, they were stockpiling for insta level 60s to then lock down cash camps and limited duration drop camps to monopolize those for as long as possible.
Last edited by Gorster; 11-09-2020 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: Spelling is hard
Old 11-09-2020, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

P99 needs a 0 tolerance policy at this point. Everybody here is the age of an adult, and we're all playing a free video game.

Play the game we all want to play, instead of making GM's and Guides adjust rules to deal with you chumps.
Old 11-09-2020, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

I think it's awful that so many players returned for Kunark and rolled an Iksar and the first thing they found out that all the quest exp was intentionally broken for a month.
Old 11-09-2020, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

As a programmer, it seems like this could easily be solved without destroying classic EQ in the process.

The server records every iota of experience a character earns, correct? This means that if they wanted, the staff could track quest XP separately from mob XP. And it would (presumably) be easy to do: the "addExp" function just needs one extra boolean argument ("wasFromQuest"), and then every call to it needs to set that boolean.

So why not just add one extra number per character in the database: exp earned through questing. If your quest XP is ever greater than (say) 20% of your total XP, quests stop giving XP.

Blam! Just like that everyone gets to play classic Everquest, with full quest XP ... unless they try and cheese the system with any shady quest stuff whatsoever ... at which points quests will stop working for them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-09-2020, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's awful that so many players returned for Kunark and rolled an Iksar and the first thing they found out that all the quest exp was intentionally broken for a month.
I think it's awful that hundreds of adults are demanding anything from a game they play for free. Lower your bar of judgment. Be glad to just login to a server that's online and up. Be glad that if they finished the project right this minute, that you all have SOMETHING close to what we all remember..

And if it's the furthest thing from what you remember about EQ as a kid, then get the fuck offline and go find something closer..
Old 11-09-2020, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a programmer, it seems like this could easily be solved without destroying classic EQ in the process.

The server records every iota of experience a character earns, correct? This means that if they wanted, the staff could track quest XP separately from mob XP. And it would (presumably) be easy to do: the "addExp" function just needs one extra boolean argument ("wasFromQuest"), and then every call to it needs to set that boolean.

So why not just add one extra number per character in the database: exp earned through questing. If your quest XP is ever greater than (say) 20% of your total XP, quests stop giving XP.

Blam! Just like that everyone gets to play classic Everquest, with full quest XP ... unless they try and cheese the system with any shady quest stuff whatsoever ... at which points quests will stop working for them.
Lorabear sighting!!!!!
Closed Thread