Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lorabear sighting!!!!!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-09-2020, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

Haha welcome back man.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They wern't stockpiling for their lizards, they were stockpiling for insta level 60s to then lock down cash camps and limited duration drop camps to monopolize those for as long as possible.
That makes a lot more sense, but the CB belt quest and gnoll fang quest? Does that give any semblance of decent xp 51+? I guess it would be a PITA to alter the code to allow some quest xp and turn it off for other quests.

Someone else said it too, im thankful for the admin team and devs putting this all together and keeping it running. It's just frustrating we cant have nice things cause a few people wanna be freaks and ruin everything. Im frustrated with the freaks, not the devs or admins.

The bottom line is fun. If people dont have fun, they leave. If they leave, overall fun decreases, causing more people to leave. and so on. Its a feedback loop of defunification.

Thats why i think something simple (idk how simple it actually is to do, im not a dev) like adding a few more mobs or boosting zone XP in a few starter areas would go a long way with boosting casual player fun levels without opening the door for fun-hating freaks to exploit everything.

I mean people would still complain about quest xp but, just turn it in in a month f it.

EDIT: although boosting xp and increasing spawn rates isnt really classic so IDK. its probably not the best solution if classic is the goal. then it just becomes another boosted xp server and that aint cool either. I guess you cant make everyone happy.
Last edited by bigfun; 11-09-2020 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: adding stuff and forming my opinion.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Lot of sympathizers and apologists ITT.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:39 PM
Orc

I have no clue what would need to go in to turning off quest xp, and there is likely far more known by the gms and devs that we can just speculate; as they can see exactly how much stuff was stockpiled, by whom and where.

I am certainly not thrilled with it. My wizard is stuck in 35 because of the mind numbing hell level experience, it'd be far faster getting xp off the warbraid quest in OT while factioning. Sadly some people who should stick to single player games with trainers decided to shit up the server.
Old 11-09-2020, 06:03 PM
Sarnak

P99 is pre nerf server
Old 11-24-2020, 08:06 PM
Large Rat

I think from what ive been reading that all the nerfs for quest hand ins "when quest exp is turned on: have already been nerfed from what original eq timeline actually was.
So to answer your question Morton Jr, i think p99 green is nerf modified - not pre nerf.
But if im wrong can someone please correct this.
Been reading for a few hours trying to find official source.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorster
I have no clue what would need to go in to turning off quest xp, and there is likely far more known by the gms and devs that we can just speculate; as they can see exactly how much stuff was stockpiled, by whom and where.
To my knowledge (and I know a bit about the situation) there are no exploits or bugs involved. It shouldn't matter who has how many of whatever quest items stockpiled wherever... unless... a quest is broken or there is a real exploit involved.

If genuine exploits were involved, the GMs should out the players doing it to make them a public example and ban them for exploiting these quests.

To be explicit, stacking thousands of quest items and doing normal quests is not an exploit in any sense of the word.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To my knowledge (and I know a bit about the situation) there are no exploits or bugs involved. It shouldn't matter who has how many of whatever quest items stockpiled wherever... unless... a quest is broken or there is a real exploit involved.

If genuine exploits were involved, the GMs should out the players doing it to make them a public example and ban them for exploiting these quests.

To be explicit, stacking thousands of quest items and doing normal quests is not an exploit in any sense of the word.
Says the guy who literally caused this situation by having absolutely no life and stock piling hundreds of Gnoll scrolls so that he could go from 50-60 in a day. I know a lot of people on P99 have an addiction to this game but dude you need to get checked out
Old 11-25-2020, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Player A plays 4 hours a day for months to grind to 60 with a creative plan, determination, and some logistics skills, all the while contributing the the elfconomy.

Player B plays 4 hours a day for months to grind to 60 doing what everyone else does, complaining the whole way how it's hard to get a camp, etc, etc.

cd288 thinks Player A has a problem because he plays differently from cd288, but Player B is A-OK because he plays the same as cd288.

Sounds great, mate.
Closed Thread