Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just got scammed by Zebaki out of Cloak of Flames, Tranquil Staff, Manastone, Fungi Tunic, Hierophant's Cloak, and Runed Bolster Belt.
No you didnt
Old 04-06-2014, 11:38 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In related news I apparently had someone stalk me while drop transferring and they took my stuff. I petitioned already, but I guess we'll see what happens. At the very least I hope I out them for being a thief. It was only about 1k, but it took me forever to find the items ;( Who does that?
welcome to p99, enjoy your stay
Old 04-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In related news I apparently had someone stalk me while drop transferring and they took my stuff. I petitioned already, but I guess we'll see what happens. At the very least I hope I out them for being a thief. It was only about 1k, but it took me forever to find the items ;( Who does that?
Where were you trying to drop transfer? Maybe the items simply poofed?

Also, I'm not sure if it works on p99, but NPCs are supposed to pick up items near them that are dropped (did you plop it down next to an NPC?)
Old 04-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where were you trying to drop transfer? Maybe the items simply poofed?

Also, I'm not sure if it works on p99, but NPCs are supposed to pick up items near them that are dropped (did you plop it down next to an NPC?)
It was up on the hill in North Ro near the Inn, there is a part up the steep hill you can climb next to the invisible zone wall. It's pretty secluded. That used to be my drop spot, obviously I won't be using it anymore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It didn't poof. Derubael was kind enough to look into it for me. I have the person's name, but will contact them first before I tarnish their rep. I'd rather just get my stuff back and forget about it really.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Orc

Losing your stuff when drop trading is a risk you take. It seems kind of silly to get GM involvement and get a name. Is it unfortunate? Absolutely. I feel for you, man. Hopefully you do get your gear back. If there was no risk though, they might as well just implement shared bank slots.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Kobold

And getting outted for stealing items in a secluded area is a risk you take as well. I'm normally pretty open-minded, but I really don't see the other side of the argument of this. I mean, I wasn't in a high traffic area. It was a obscure spot.

That being said, if he gives me back my items I'll completely forget about it. I think that's pretty reasonable.
Last edited by Numbers_; 04-07-2014 at 01:06 PM..
Old 04-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

Next time you need a transfer just look for a Divinity tag.
<Divinity>
Old 04-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Kobold

Thanks! I will.

Bongs from <Taken> helped me transfer all my stuff I had on bank mule last night. I'm just going to sell stuff on my main character from now on so I have to transfer as little as possible.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Orc

Quote:
I mean, I wasn't in a high traffic area. It was a obscure spot.
Does it really matter where you dropped it? You chose to drop it and, unless you've enabled fast drop, received a prompt asking if you really want to do that. Once it hits the ground, the race is on. No, it isn't noble or admiral to nick someone's items off the ground and run off with it, but whosoever picks it up certainly has every right to. Without GM interference, you'd never know who it was. Thankfully, for you, one was kind enough to help.

Good luck getting your stuff back (hopefully) and try to find a new drop spot if you must. I always used the tops of the hills in EC near WFP, but I'm sure they're just as common as the Nro spot.

I lost a minor fortune on live drop trading on the back of the small spires in The Nexus. :/
Old 04-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
And getting outted for stealing items in a secluded area is a risk you take as well.
It wasn't stealing, it was picking it up off of the ground. Also, if it were the case, I think the man should be given rights on his find for being so good at what he does.

There is no sides of this argument, because there is no argument.

People need to learn how to be social and a little less anonymous. It doesn't take much of an effort to find a groupie or a guildie or a friend to hold your crap for you. You couldn't wait 15 minutes for someone to log on? Then you play it by risk and it is no one's fault but your own.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Closed Thread