Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Globox- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The peanuts are good. Honey roasted even.
Thought they didnt serve peanuts anymore on planes cause of allergies? I usually get offered pretzels.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Banned

Wait, it's possible to grief noobs into tears on blue? I have a high level necro, logging in now.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Large Rat

Keep joking about it. It's just going to promote agitation. If it's not your problem, it's easy to laugh at.

That's fine. When I "accidentally" train people in BB and they just so happen to die, I don't want to hear any complaining. Fair is fair.

*Edit* And now that I think about it, why not make fangs only drop off of LBs and higher? Greens simply won't drop fangs. That would curb the problem a bit.

I don't care if someone is in BB and clears the path. That's natural. But when you're literally parked to catch level 8 mobs at level 14, and you can plainly see level 7, 8, and 9 players trying to level, you're wrong.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

As was said in previous threads, if anyone will just take the time to find/submit evidence showing that gnoll fangs weren't this good for higher level characters on live, the devs could fix them and then we wouldn't have level 18s (or whatever) kicking it in a zone designed for level 7s.

But as long as people are lazy (like me) and don't do the research, this is just going to continue. You can't fault people for wanting good exp (even if it is an exploit of sorts), you can only fault the community for not working together to make P99 as classic as possible (and fixing this outlier quest).
Old 04-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruniac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's fine. When I "accidentally" train people in BB and they just so happen to die, I don't want to hear any complaining. Fair is fair.
Difference is what you are doing is against the rules, whereas killing greens to get items that give good xp is not (unless they are stealing from your camp)
Old 04-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Training other players out of BB using the enemies you're complaining are being poached......

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 04-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeyuuduu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Difference is what you are doing is against the rules, whereas killing greens to get items that give good xp is not (unless they are stealing from your camp)
Insert 20 hilarious meme pictures here about me not giving a shit. That's how we do things on the forums, right?

I'll say it again, since it's the only non-cry, non-hostile thing I can say about this subject. Make fangs stop dropping off of green cons. It won't solve the problem, but it should curb it, especially considering that greens won't add on mid-teens players. Aside from the faction (if you're a lizard or whatever), there would be zero incentive to kill green gnolls that lower level players could be getting normal XP off of.

Quote:
As was said in previous threads, if anyone will just take the time to find/submit evidence showing that gnoll fangs weren't this good for higher level characters on live, the devs could fix them and then we wouldn't have level 18s (or whatever) kicking it in a zone designed for level 7s.
I'm the wrong person for that job. :P I haven't played live since Velious.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruniac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Insert 20 hilarious meme pictures here about me not giving a shit. That's how we do things on the forums, right?

I'll say it again, since it's the only non-cry, non-hostile thing I can say about this subject. Make fangs stop dropping off of green cons. It won't solve the problem, but it should curb it, especially considering that greens won't add on mid-teens players. Aside from the faction (if you're a lizard or whatever), there would be zero incentive to kill green gnolls that lower level players could be getting normal XP off of.

I'm the wrong person for that job. :P I haven't played live since Velious.
Are you seriously arguing for game mechanics changes outside of what has ultimately been deemed as classic? You are entirely aware that there are at least 5 other options as to where someone of your level can get exp... right? We get it, BB is awesome and it's your favorite zone but this exact thread has been made many times before and nothing ever comes of it. #dealwithit or go somewhere else - either way shit's classic.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 04-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you seriously arguing for game mechanics changes outside of what has ultimately been deemed as classic? You are entirely aware that there are at least 5 other options as to where someone of your level can get exp... right? We get it, BB is awesome and it's your favorite zone but this exact thread has been made many times before and nothing ever comes of it. #dealwithit or go somewhere else - either way shit's classic.
Point taken. I think you're the first person to be able to make a valid point about this. It is classic, so you're right.

Welp. Okay. I'll deal with it in my own way. The more I think about it, the more I cringe about the idea of changing something "classic", so again, you're right.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Orc

http://wiki.project1999.com/Recommen...s_and_ZEM_List

This should get you started.
Closed Thread