Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 12:14 PM
Large Rat

Default Does ac have no maximum?

Does ac have no maximum?
I remember seeing that the ac max value of the classic is 801 somewhere
Old 03-07-2021, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

AC has a softcap, which means you get diminishing returns on AC after the softcap. AC certainly does have a maximum of some kind, even if it is just the maximum size of the variable storing your AC.

But I have never heard of someone reaching the maximum AC on P99, even with full raid gear and trying to maximize AC. I wouldn't worry about maximum AC at all unless you plan on getting full BiS Velious raid gear, which is quite a long term goal[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2021, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

There is a parse somewhere, while limited, from an enchanter with over 1300 ac showing gains. A few vulak items, bis, etc.

What is in the game is general gearing diminishing returns. A lot of 40ac/sv items have no hps, Hammered Golden Hoops give a ton of hps at an AC detriment, so it's a balancing act to what is most important.

Likely best to value hp vs ac vs MR or something of that nature. It's how I decide to go one way or the other. Arbitrary calculator value. If you are a CH target and especially a raid MA, more likely than not hitting some decent MR level (for some fights) and going strictly hps over AC is ideal. In groups killing blues in velks AC or where torp is sufficient, AC might be preferable.
Last edited by Snaggles; 03-07-2021 at 12:38 PM..
Old 03-07-2021, 07:15 PM
Fire Giant

Also depends on class i think warriors have a higher AC soft cap than other classes (unless p99 is not classic which is the case for a vast number of things here )
Old 03-09-2021, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

check out this post by EQ developer Dzarn from 2014, pretty much everything you'll ever want to know about how AC works, or rather, was supposed to work. All the code here is supposedly custom, so, the real answers would have to come from our devs or our testing.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/.../#post-3078126
Old 03-09-2021, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Tons of great info here about our emu client version from an EMU dev Torven

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sea...archid=8221403
Old 03-17-2021, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a parse somewhere, while limited, from an enchanter with over 1300 ac showing gains. A few vulak items, bis, etc.

What is in the game is general gearing diminishing returns. A lot of 40ac/sv items have no hps, Hammered Golden Hoops give a ton of hps at an AC detriment, so it's a balancing act to what is most important.

Likely best to value hp vs ac vs MR or something of that nature. It's how I decide to go one way or the other. Arbitrary calculator value. If you are a CH target and especially a raid MA, more likely than not hitting some decent MR level (for some fights) and going strictly hps over AC is ideal. In groups killing blues in velks AC or where torp is sufficient, AC might be preferable.

By the time DODH launched, Cultural + Last Blood Augs + Deity Augs and full AC augs was the absolute best enchanter loadout.

5k AC unbuffed. Smashed the living f**k out of the entire progression arc on Fippy with it. Was able to MT raid bosses in-era all the way through to underfoot upgrading armor and augs as they became available each expansion with essentially no competition on drops. Saved so much DKP that I was blowing DKP in Citizen/Echoes of Elysium on my wizard alt, and/or first dibs on spell runes.
Closed Thread