Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People always complaining about such and such not being classic, while ignoring that the least classic thing about p99, by far, is YOU, the player. For example, the places I remember spending time at the most in live were derv camps in North Ro and the sarnak fortress in LOIO. In p99, nobody touches thoses. They've just been sitting deserted because we are different people now in 2021 and everyone's just trying to do what's optimal. In live I didn't even know what manastones or jboots were and I didn't care, but now that's all people care about it feels like at times.
You're not the first to point this out. Doesn't make it any less correct tho.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which goes to the argument of adjusting the ZEMs on Green, if only to spread the population out more.

90+% of everyone level 50+ XPing exclusively in The Hole is certainly not "classic feeling" at all.
City of Mist has like zilch for pickup groups. On Blue there were pugs in CoM pretty much right up until Velious dropped (i.e. for years). Green player base is a bit odd (and I don't mean that in a good way).
Old 03-07-2021, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
City of Mist has like zilch for pickup groups. On Blue there were pugs in CoM pretty much right up until Velious dropped (i.e. for years). Green player base is a bit odd (and I don't mean that in a good way).
There are STILL PuG's in CoM on blue, daily. Its the go to spot for pick up xp in the 40's.
Old 03-07-2021, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhorse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you would just move the current situation in the hole to Seb. Which, I'm pretty sure is exactly why the devs funneled everyone into the hole. You can group for exp, or you can group in the other odds and ends Kunark dungeons for loot; you can't have both.
Doesn't seem true. If people can XP and get loot, they will. but eventually that XP spot is eventually gonna fill up and people will populate other viable options. Problem is people only think of the optimal spots with high zem as viable. People are more willing to sit in a spot with a high zem and wait hours for an opening in a group rather than move to a second spot with a lesser ZEM where nobody goes. Can't tell you how many times I, as a druid, unable to get a group in a hotspot go to other technically viable options for my level only to find the zone practically empty.
Last edited by Xer0; 03-07-2021 at 05:29 PM..
Old 03-07-2021, 11:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The economy has semi-artificial bottlenecking going on, specifically related to soulbound keys. Loot that would generally be distributed more equally among the player base is instead heavily loaded into certain players from certain guilds. Many of these guilds/players also have access to bullshit EC mules that are separate accounts. Instead of most legit players who do not cheat, there is zero opportunity cost for these mules to sit in EC until they get the price they want. They can sit there forever and it costs them nothing. So the non cheaters get screwed over double on this server, having to compete with cheaters using multiple accounts and now having to buy certain items from them as well.

If you were sitting there selling a piece for 1k plat for 5 hours, you might just start asking for 900 or or even less. But these guys don't care. They ruin the economy and make it unclassic too.

Sadly the only realistic way to fix it is what I suggested long ago, that they allow people to have a mule account that was 100% for EC. Couldn't go above level 5 and purely has to be used as an EC mule. Of course the mouthbreathers of p99 hated it, especially since so many of them are the aforementioned cheaters who benefit so much from this broken system. I also warned about the SB keys creating a fucked up economy and at a minimum suggested that HS be soulbound because it became soulbound very soon after release. It still not soulbound and it should have been for a long time already.
Keys are now bound on Green. But I agree with your point about having a 100% EC account. I hate spending time in EC trying to sell things and think it’s one of the worst aspects of the game. There is no downside to allowing people to box an EC mule that can never leave the zone or do anything but trade. It doesn’t remove player to player interactions like the bazaar did. I guess it allows you to perma farm a camp and just have someone run the items to your mule to sell while you farm. But let’s be real that already happens on p99.
Old 03-08-2021, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keys are now bound on Green. But I agree with your point about having a 100% EC account. I hate spending time in EC trying to sell things and think it’s one of the worst aspects of the game. There is no downside to allowing people to box an EC mule that can never leave the zone or do anything but trade. It doesn’t remove player to player interactions like the bazaar did. I guess it allows you to perma farm a camp and just have someone run the items to your mule to sell while you farm. But let’s be real that already happens on p99.
creeping boxerism is bad, mkay?
Old 03-08-2021, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

There is one other potential "fix" that doesn't involve boxing, which would simply allow the EC channel to have some global broadcast functionality. This would be a stronger divergence from classic than allowing an EC mule, but eliminate any concerns about boxing.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
creeping boxerism is bad, mkay?
A slippery slope is bad only if you don't have the self control to keep yourself from sliding.
Old 03-08-2021, 03:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is one other potential "fix" that doesn't involve boxing, which would simply allow the EC channel to have some global broadcast functionality. This would be a stronger divergence from classic than allowing an EC mule, but eliminate any concerns about boxing.

Blue had global chat when population was low. A 1,000 person chat room is a recipe for disaster though.

Years ago I was going to make a complex auction tracker that had a live stream of the chat log, would match people, alert on price triggers, show historical trends, etc. Actually I did make it but keeping the character logged in constantly proved too tedious. It would only last a few days at most and per rules couldn't be fully automated to log back in on it's own.

A lot of people are using these tools privately. Much better stuff than anything the Wiki attempts to do. That is another part of why things are so messed up. A public tool that had better recent data would help a ton.

Imagine if you could auction one time in EC and be sure it was logged and displayed on a site like the wiki. Players could search a specific item and instead of getting historical data from a week ago they would see stuff from hours ago.

Buyers can find who has what they want and at what price. Sellers don't need to stand around auctioning for hours.
Old 03-08-2021, 03:34 PM
Banned

yeah guys let’s turn EC into the bazaar
(barf)
Closed Thread