Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 12:31 AM
Kobold

Lightbulb Can't Decide on a Class!! Help!!

Hi all,

I'm in need of some advice/help on which class to choose. I was really looking for a low stress/chill class with some ability to solo/have some mobility pref. with bind/gate.

--------------------------

Druids, fit this bill, but because they aren't wanted in groups and when they are in groups get yelled at (well at least I get yelled at on my druid because they assume I am a cleric?!), this just seems like a dead end.

Necromancers are great and all, but the lich mechanic is kinda annoying and also, it's a very, very anti-social class. I generally do very much enjoy grouping with others.

Bards seem great, but as I'm a dirty casual, I don't see me ever getting enough gear to be able to justify a spot in a group. Also, the class is anything but chill.

Enchanters. Ahh, I do love enchanters. I got one to 60 on blue over many moons, but having to time my bathroom breaks isn't something I want to repeat.

Wizards - Seems kinda flat. No sow (just jboots if I can get one possibly) and not desired for groups.

Clerics - Definitely not very mobile and not chill.

Warrior, SK, Pal. - Low mobility, very gear dependent. Not something my casualness could handle.

Rogue, Ranger and Monk - Again, gear dependent. Great second character but not a first (in my opinion and experience).

Magicians. This leaves basically magician (in my mind, unless I'm missing something). Problem with magician is that as I don't have time to raid (again, filthy casual), I'll never be able to do much (especially not acquire an epic). Yes, I can get to 50, but after I do that, I don't really know what to do except join a group or two in Sol-B. Just seems kinda flat.

-------------------------

So basically, of the classes that can solo decently well: Bards, Necros, Enchanters, Druids, Magicians... I've basically decided Magician is the best fit even if it is a bit flat, but I'd like other opinions. Again, I'd like something that is relatively chill but at home in a group too. Opinions very welcome!
Old 01-27-2020, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

What the hell do you need gear for on a bard unless you plan on tanking stuff? tons of cheap charisma gear out there.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

Druid/necro/mage till kunark hits then roll a serious class with a big plat bank.

Ranger/SK/Pal/Bard have a 40% exp hybrid penalty till velious, food for thought.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druid/necro/mage till kunark hits then roll a serious class with a big plat bank.
Do a halfling druid for fast levelling, then farm up a ton a plat, then start an iksar shaman when you can. bonus: tons of wis items in the bank already.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:54 AM
Sarnak

Your list is missing Shaman, which I think is exactly what you're looking for. Early levels you can melee well with some DoT backup. Once you hit your teens, you start root-rotting a bit more, and at 24 you can go full root/rot with regen and canni to reduce downtime. 34 brings your pet and even more options.

Plus you're wanted in groups WAY more than druids and your role in a group can vary wildly. I've been main healer in a group with SoW/Regen/STR backup and I've been just buffer/nuker with a CLR in group. You also have a TON of options when it comes to duos and you can duo well with just about any class.

So in summation, chill solo class but also great in groups. A+ for what you're looking for, mate.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:09 AM
Sarnak

If you aren't going to raid, want to have usefulness in groups, solo, sow, and port....it sounds like you want to play a Druid. You can solo when you aren't feeling like grouping. You can fill a healing or DPS role when you are. You can get around the world quickly. And worse comes to worse and you are just too unmotivated to do anything....you can still make money porting people around.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

Cleric is a great class to solo with if you want downtime between kills. You're desired in groups, and when you get to 50 you can just wander around rezzing people. Mobility isn't a concern once you can rez - just wait till someone needs a rez near where you want to be and they'll produce a ride for you. Plus, the epic is actually obtainable when compared to a mage.

If that doesn't float your boat - I agree with the above posters re: druid/shaman.

-Mcoy
Old 01-27-2020, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cleric is a great class to solo with if you want downtime between kills. You're desired in groups, and when you get to 50 you can just wander around rezzing people. Mobility isn't a concern once you can rez - just wait till someone needs a rez near where you want to be and they'll produce a ride for you. Plus, the epic is actually obtainable when compared to a mage.

If that doesn't float your boat - I agree with the above posters re: druid/shaman.

-Mcoy
People, and guilds particularly will want you to have your epic and are likely to help... more clickies for raids will be good <3
Old 01-27-2020, 04:20 AM
Fire Giant

Play what you will enjoy!

Has anyone said that yet?
Old 01-27-2020, 05:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play what you will enjoy!

Has anyone said that yet?
It's the best point that can be made... unless you don't know what you enjoy the most yet.

To find that out, ask yourself.... do you like to move around lots attacking, or be sat down? That'll cut the field in half.

Enjoy grouping?

-- Active - bards/rangers/tanks/rogues/enchanters
-- Passive - clerics/mages (send pet in)/wizards/druids/shamans

Prefer soloing?

-- Easy choices - Necros, mages, druids.
-- Workable - wizards, clerics (undead wizards), enchanters (with gear + knowledge), rangers (with gear, though not easy pre-Kunark), bards (kiting, needs a good ping and patience)

There's a class for everyone. I've always loved my rogue, very group dependent but usually respected for high melee damage and highly sought after.
Closed Thread