Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 04:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Funny thing is even Amazon is dipping it's toe into the gaming industry. I was quite surprised to hear about New World MMO. In the back of my mind I'm thinking they must have some alternate agenda though, they're using it to gain something other than money.....but what?!
Old 01-24-2020, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Swirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
havent they been talking about camelot unchained for 10 years as well?
Not sure it's been awhile though. But there are constant updates from the devs and they are working hard as far as I can see. I think it's in beta now. Fully crowd funded so EA can't ruin another game by telling the devs what to do lol.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have backed Camelot Unchained and yes, they are in "Beta1" at the moment, which just means short quick tests. They plan for a Beta2 and Beta3 as well. It's slow coming, but it's definitely progressing and the updates are often. Communication with the development team is definitely not lacking.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound like a level-headed, reasonable, intelligent economist. Certainly knows what he’s talking about, and understands the intricacies of developing and releasing intellectual property.
And you can tell them Smellybuttface said so!

(sorry, I'm still cracking up over this post/username combo...)

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 01-24-2020, 07:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Swirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
havent they been talking about camelot unchained for 10 years as well?
Pretty close. I found this teaser from 2012.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If only Bloomberg's big dream was to make a perfect MMORPG rather than be president of the United States, we might again see a new masterpiece soon. But unfortunately, not a lot of the billionaires seem to be into gaming.

But that is what we need to get past this conundrum we are in. The reality is games aren't very attractive to investors. They take too much time to materialize profit. The profits are not so great to justify the time investment.

It's not my opinion, its just math. Its a lot more profitable to invest in things like phone apps that do something that traditionally costs money for free.

So we are looking for an idealist that would be willing to accept lower earning potential just in order to make a great game.

Billionaires tend to be a bit older and all. People into games are usually under 40 ATM...so maybe someday idk.

But unless the government subsidizes games (some logic believe it or not under the funding for the arts we have traditionally done), its a long way off.

Maybe something out of North Europe will come about.

america is entertainment king of the world by a huge margin. Nobody you knows really knows songs front to back that are in another language. It's normal in other countries however. You think somebody besides america is going to make the Holy Grail MMO , your out of your fucking mind.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedandglued [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
america is entertainment king of the world by a huge margin. Nobody you knows really knows songs front to back that are in another language. It's normal in other countries however. You think somebody besides america is going to make the Holy Grail MMO , your out of your fucking mind.
Hey that's not totally true. I mean everyone knows Gangam style!
Old 01-25-2020, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

How long ago did anyone discuss Pantheon on this thread?
Old 01-27-2020, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedandglued [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is America's big new musical artist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDfgMOUjCI

And its not an anomaly. This song was "top of the charts" forever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UceaB4D0jpo

Mumbling elevator music is the big new hit with the new generation.

America is going downhill fast leading anything except consumption and finance.

We aren't even the most fat anymore -- Mexico took that shit from us.

We all speak English if you haven't noticed. England once was top dog, now they are just pedophile friends of ours.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 01-27-2020 at 02:27 PM..
Old 01-27-2020, 09:24 PM
Aviak

I liked it back in the old days when we were going 'down hill' because Satan introduced us to Dungeons & Dragons.
Closed Thread