Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 03:58 AM
Large Rat

Default Why is boxing frowned upon?

not looking to change the rule. it's not my server
i want get an understanding for the position
Old 01-05-2020, 11:33 AM
Aviak

I'm not the dev's but my understanding is that it is believed that if boxing were allowed many people would forgo seeking out other players for aid and groups and thus undermine the social aspect of the game.

I, personally, agree with this.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:36 AM
Large Bat

What Littlefinger said. Boxing is fun on its own, but having played Live and a few other servers that allow boxing, it really kills any chance that the game would feel "like it did back in the day". When everyone is their own group, 99% of groups are just one person. Also you end up seeing one boxer monopolize an entire zone.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:59 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not looking to change the rule. it's not my server
i want get an understanding for the position
It's not frowned upon, it's against the rules. Hope you enjoy your ban. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2020, 02:43 PM
Fire Giant

It's a completely different game when people can box, and that game is not Classic EQ.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 01-05-2020, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

Because if you go to get some xp and the best spots are taken by some loser with a bot army, you'll get bored and log off. Then the server would just end up being 5 fat unemployed dudes running around with their bots
Old 01-05-2020, 06:33 PM
Aviak

If this game had a monthly fee like classic I would be fine with boxing, as that greatly limits the amount of people who can do it. However, as a free service boxing must be prohibited or it would ruin the community.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:39 PM
Large Rat

why would i get banned?
i know it's a rule (and one i'm not looking to change). i stated that in my original post. what's odd is that you quoted me saying that in your reply.
my question was to get a feel as to why the rule existed; as in was it something the server owners desired or the players.
researching a server, imo, is necessary when committing countless hours playing on it. the question i asked is part of that process.
please don't shoot from the hip when replying.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:40 PM
Large Rat

ty
Old 01-05-2020, 10:23 PM
Large Rat

EQ was different things for different people. what that being the case i can't say the way you experienced it was wrong. that is not for me to say. however, back in the day people boxed (different from bot'g). i can't even recall if it was against the rules then.

my first, and only, guild leader boxed. we were a small guild back then (we eventually hovered in the 3-5 spot in PoP). he would play his main and depending on who logged in that day fire up an alt to fill in the necessary slot to form a group (as we had several doing different things). With alt in tow we would group up and adventure forth, sometimes his wife's druid or sometimes one of his own. He still actively recruited mind you, but in his mind he wanted to respect the time of the people who logged in at the time frame that was considered guild time. he also trade-skilled like a beast to support us (this gets a mention because of the factions). i highly respected this and supported him because of it. he used boxing to make sure no one was left out - as a tool. i would hardly call his actions anti-social.

like i said, i can't say the way you experienced EQ was wrong. nor can anyone say the way i experienced it was either. and yes, back in the day people boxed.

respectfully, i disagree, but thank you for your reply. like i said, i'm not looking to change the rules. just giving a different viewpoint and get a feel for the server's viewpoints.
Closed Thread