Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Default Daybreak Games is splitting into three new studios

Rather than a single overarching studio, Daybreak will reorganize into three studios: Dimensional Ink Games, Darkpaw Games, and Rogue Planet Games. Daybreak will transition to a publisher. The changes will push three different “franchise studios” to the fore. These studios’ efforts will focus on DC Universe Online and legacy franchises EverQuest and Planetside. Absent from those plans is the studio’s youngest franchise, H1Z1.

Newly-minted Dimensional Ink Games will be headed by chief executive officer Jack Emmert and based in Austin, Texas. The studio will focus on DC Universe Online and an unannounced new MMO project. Darkpaw Games, based in San Diego, California, will be led by executive producer Holly Longdale, and will maintain the EverQuest franchise and “the next innovation for the franchise.” Meanwhile, executive producer Andy Sites will be responsible for San Diego-based Rogue Planet Games and continue work on the Planetside franchise. (Source)
Old 01-21-2020, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Someone tell me what this thread is about. Horza's shit posting has made me put him on ignore.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holly Longdale, and will maintain the EverQuest franchise and “the next innovation for the franchise.”
Who's ready for EverQuest Next: Next!?!
Old 01-21-2020, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone tell me what this thread is about. Horza's shit posting has made me put him on ignore.
When did bragging about being thin-skinned become so popular around here?
Old 01-21-2020, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who's ready for EverQuest Next: Next!?!
Everquest 3 based on Everquest 1 would be pretty awesome unfortunately daybreak did layoffs recently. It gives off the vibes they're scaling down to a skeleton crew just like UO did to keep the servers online.

New expansions will keep coming at a slow pace but it's about keeping the servers online for as long as possible in an ever expanding media market. Where people who were loyal customers move on or grow old and pass on. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:03 PM
Sarnak

A new EQ led by Holly Windstalker might be okay. Hopefully they allow some creativity rather than just funneling people toward microtransactions.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When did bragging about being thin-skinned become so popular around here?
It's because you post like a fucking asshole which include breaking a lot of rules to be disruptive but the mods like galach seem to love you.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome back Teppler, but let's try to keep this thread on topic before you have to take another forum vacation.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiingpin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all ip ( intellection property ) of everquest next was sold and released as dragon age when the game failed
The Bioware game from over a decade ago?
Old 01-21-2020, 06:39 PM
Aviak

Question Daybreak splitting up, implications for p99?

Hey ya'll check out this article , Daybreak is no more, now the Everquest license belongs to Darkpaw Games. Will they enjoy having unpaid competition on their legacy product? Should we panic? Tell me how to feel-
Closed Thread