Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-22-2020, 04:20 PM
Skeleton

Default 2 Accounts from same Household for a Weekend

Hello everyone!

my question is where do i apply that i want to use 2 Accounts from the same Household from the 30th January to the 3ed Febuary? I got a good Friend comeing over to my place for a Hardcore Game Session and well i picked EQ Green for the fun show[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can anyone tell me what i have to do to prepare the fun?

Yours Sincerly

Hammertyp // Clerius
Old 01-22-2020, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

You need either an IP exemption, or a second IP address for your friend.

The former is the "best" option, as it will let you both play together with no other special tech required, and it will work forever (in case your friend comes back).

The one downside to them however is that they have to be approved by the staff, and it can take awhile to get one. In other words, stop reading now and go apply [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you can't get one, another options (100% allowed by the rules) is to get another IP address some other way, for instance by having your friend get tethered internet from their phone, or by having one of you use a VPN (they cost like $5 a month, and let you use Bit Torrent without your ISP knowing).

But (and this is critical), whether you get an exemption or use a technical method, you can never have one human play two accounts at once. If you so much as use your friend's laptop to heal yourself once while he's in the bathroom, you will be in violation of the server rules (and the punishment is permanent removal of both your accounts).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

Apply for an IP exemption in the petition forum.

It can take weeks/months to go through though, good luck!
Old 01-22-2020, 04:31 PM
Skeleton

Thanks for the Informations but where can i Apply for an IP exemption? We want to play for fun, not to cheat! After that weekend my friend 90% Stops eq again like he did on live Servers but it been fun nights together so we wanted to go back to the Roots! Hope the Staff Team can help me there[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-22-2020, 05:21 PM
Aviak

Peition/Exploit is where you want to submit your request, read the stickied post so you don't screw it up.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...If you can't get one, another options (100% allowed by the rules) is to get another IP address some other way, for instance by having your friend get tethered internet from their phone,...
I can't believe I never thought of that. I've tried to introduce my two sons to EQ and about a month ago I applied for an IP exemption...which after a week or so they granted. Problem was they only granted it to allow 2 simultaneous connections and we needed 3. This cell phone idea will work great until they give me the third exemption. Thanks!
Old 01-24-2020, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't believe I never thought of that. I've tried to introduce my two sons to EQ and about a month ago I applied for an IP exemption...which after a week or so they granted. Problem was they only granted it to allow 2 simultaneous connections and we needed 3. This cell phone idea will work great until they give me the third exemption. Thanks!
Glad I could help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just make sure you're careful and don't go over your data limits in a way that wracks up fees.

(And again, never let a human play two boxes, even one of your sons "just once" playing his brother's account ... you could lose all three accounts in an instant.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I definitely don't disagree with the rule and it is very clear. But, my sons are 8 and 10 and there is a pretty steep learning curve for this game. I will most certainly be standing over their shoulders from time to time showing then what the buttons do, etc. But, I'm not worried...we'll probably never even reach level 10 haha. We'll play for an hour here and there and see how they like it.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I definitely don't disagree with the rule and it is very clear. But, my sons are 8 and 10 and there is a pretty steep learning curve for this game. I will most certainly be standing over their shoulders from time to time showing then what the buttons do, etc. But, I'm not worried...we'll probably never even reach level 10 haha. We'll play for an hour here and there and see how they like it.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Hope they enjoy it!

Old 01-27-2020, 06:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Nice, I started playing in '99 when I was a high school student and my 11-year-old little brother would watch over my shoulder and then started playing himself when I let him make a character on my account. He plays p99 with me to this day.

Younger kids may not be expert level players anytime soon, but they can definitely get into the game and have fun!