Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 11:29 PM
Orc

Default Clarification on CCs

Apparently the PnP doesn't address this adequately.
If I walk into a zone [outdoor or no] (let's say blackburrow for instance) and ask for a CC, and then recieve responses claiming areas where the person who is calling it isn't present or even visible, with a full compliment of mobs, and then get trained by said individual for taking the camp they claimed, yet were nowhere near, I'm the instigator?

I try to play nice, even to a fault, and if anyone bitches about me whining, understand this is like day 4 of trying to get my kid into EQ, and even he is calling out people for being petty.

Why can't people check their ego at the door? If it was actually taken I'd have moved on.
-encopitt
Old 01-24-2020, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

If accurate, NTA

BTW, someone in BB specifically for the last few days has been calling all scrawnies as their camp. If its a scrawny gnoll, its theirs. lol

Suffice to say, nobody honors that ;D
Last edited by Cen; 01-24-2020 at 11:46 PM..
Old 01-24-2020, 11:52 PM
Orc

Swodniw and Folka were the instigators, Lothwain called me out for calling a camp in BB. My understanding is that if you're not there, and you asked for a CC it's open.

Got logs as well, if anyone GaF, however the forum community seems to blame first, ask questions later.
Sample:
[Fri Jan 24 19:16:19 2020] You say out of character, 'the bridge doesn't include snakes and ramp and everything inbetween'
[Fri Jan 24 19:16:20 2020] You fail to locate any food nearby.
[Fri Jan 24 19:16:29 2020] Swodniw says out of character, 'I think it does.'
[Fri Jan 24 19:16:47 2020] Swodniw says out of character, 'Who's to say it doesnt?'

-encopitt
Old 01-25-2020, 12:12 AM
Orc

And if you're talking shit on Yaria, that's me, and I was only claiming the 4 gnolls under the bridge and the 4 scrawnies on the side by the barrels. A far cry from claiming "all scrawnies" ffs.
Perhaps it should have a new moniker? Like the DBaD (dont be a dick) policy?
Why is this shit even an issue?

-encopitt
Last edited by encopitt; 01-25-2020 at 12:27 AM..
Old 01-25-2020, 12:33 AM
Decaying Skeleton

yea for fuckin real lol.
why do people always gotta open their vag flaps up ingame and wonder where the dunes came from?
Old 01-25-2020, 01:06 AM
Banned

I just check if a camp is open instead of doing CC if possible so people don't claim it.

They have "reasonable time to engage" if the PH is up. But if they're nowhere in sight then i'm going to engage it and claim the camp.

But if they're sitting there medding then I'll ask and give it like 3 minutes if I get no response.

If they train or KS you then they're at fault.

And always record stuff and take screenshots so you have proof.

Rules say you can camp a single spawn point but "areas or rooms" are generally agreed on by players. I've always claimed a specific area then treated mobs outside it as neutral, as do others.

Solb for example. Royals and pool are separate camps, while mobs around the main circle are neutral, including noble unless someones camping it.

Or in CB. Wall and TM are camps up to their bridges, mobs in the middle are neutral.

I just try to be reasonable but without letting people push me around. And always consider what the GM's would think to make your decision based on that.
Last edited by Hazek; 01-25-2020 at 01:10 AM..
Old 01-25-2020, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by encopitt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently the PnP doesn't address this adequately.
PnP has nothing to do with this. A "CC" is a courtesy so that people don't have to run to see if a camp is open. You can respond or not respond doesn't matter for the purposes of claiming a camp. Only following the camp rules in the PnP counts.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:21 AM
Orc

No argument here, but when you ask for a cc, and someone nowhere to be seen, calls a camp, mobs are up, and then trains youfor snaggingan empty camp, it's a dick move.
Last edited by encopitt; 01-25-2020 at 01:26 AM..
Old 01-25-2020, 01:31 AM
Kobold

if all mobs are up, the camps yours to take. The only exception, and this is because I'm not a dick like far to many people....if I call a cc and whoever claims x camp and says they're either headed there (because it was open), or are headed back from a wipe, I'll respect that and leave them to it. Some of the lawyer quest assholes will snipe your camp if your group wipes, or snipe your named if you haven't pulled fast enough for their liking. An example being say your at disco in seb, with a full group you generally need to clear shit to get to said named....Ive seen some royal pricks leap frog through invis and try and claim the named (whose ph group had been killing for hours) just because they figure they can
Old 01-25-2020, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

You weren't the scrawny person I meant, you were the one with the bridge + scrawny thing. I still didn't know what bridge that referred to since there's so many lol.

I treat BB as FTE for the most part. Most people run in circles around the place and kill whats up. You have 86 mobs or so. You can usually kill something until you get about 15 people in zone and then generally everything stays down. Its a little worse when some random high level runs in and wipes everything out for fangs for whatever reason they are wasting their time with that.