Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 12:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right, you didn't say "raiding". But what else could you mean when you say vanilla has no endgame? Honestly that's the major difference between vanilla and kunark/velious when it comes to endgame.
No there aren't even quests. Armor quests like velious had, spirit wracked cord and keys in kunark. classic really wasn't that good. I watched a friend play for 9 months back in the day, i used to make fun of him because he spent more time LFG or frustrated than having fun. It was when i saw the promotional stuff for kunark he finally got me to try it and because there was little competition and it was new to me i didn't understand why he had been so unhappy, i was barely lvl 20 when kunark dropped. it was a very different experience than playing in classic and from what i saw back then and am experiencing now it was a much better one.
Old 01-14-2020, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

I really don't understand what you guys who say you don't have anything to do, or can't find anything to do, are, well, doing. I log in every day and always have something to do that entertains me. Maybe I'm more easily entertained than you, but I doubt that fully explains things.

Camping items, checking out new corner of dungeons I'm not familiar with, buffing random noobs, dabbling with tradeskills, fooling around on alts. And that's stuff I can just log in and do solo, and that most classes can do solo. I also group with guildies here or there at camps like freeti or am, nameds in kedge, etc. Soon, fear drops and will definitely not be kept cleared so that "the little guys" can't get some drops.

I play a lot, and I won't be done doing all that stuff before hate, then won't be done with hate before solro, won't be done with classic before kunark, etc.

Seriously. How do you end up feeling like there's nothing to do? Are you playing a rogue without a guild and just turning on lfg and standing there silently wishing for an invite? Logging off at the hbc camp and being surprised when you log on and there's still 1 of 300-900 other people who wants that camp? Playing for 10 hours every day and then being confused about not having enough dragon kills to keep you busy? Lol.

Mali, grinding mobs for armor quests or waiting in line for hs/Seb key pieces or sitting afk for hours leading up to drusella spawn? Lol. If all of classic eq can't keep you happy, you sure as fuck will be bore out of your mind doing those things too.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 01-14-2020 at 01:17 PM..
Old 01-14-2020, 01:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't understand what you guys who say you don't have anything to do, or can't find anything to do, are, well, doing. I log in every day and always have something to do that entertains me. Maybe I'm more easily entertained than you, but I doubt that fully explains things.

Camping items, checking out new corner of dungeons I'm not familiar with, buffing random noobs, dabbling with tradeskills, fooling around on alts. And that's stuff I can just log in and do solo, and that most classes can do solo. I also group with guildies here or there at camps like freeti or am, nameds in kedge, etc. Soon, fear drops and will definitely not be kept cleared so that "the little guys" can't get some drops.

I play a lot, and I won't be done doing all that stuff before hate, then won't be done with hate before solro, won't be done with classic before kunark, etc.

Seriously. How do you end up feeling like there's nothing to do? Are you playing a rogue without a guild and just turning on lfg and standing there silently wishing for an invite? Logging off at the hbc camp and being surprised when you log on and there's still 1 of 300-900 other people who wants that camp? Playing for 10 hours every day and then being confused about not having enough dragon kills to keep you busy? Lol.

Mali, grinding mobs for armor quests or waiting in line for hs/Seb key pieces or sitting afk for hours leading up to drusella spawn? Lol. If all of classic eq can't keep you happy, you sure as fuck will be bore out of your mind doing those things too.
I don't understand how you don't get this. I gain some benefit from farming those things that you say will make me bored I'm done farming everything that will even interest me in classic. Got to manastone got six boxes bunch of thex daggers one guise very little use for it cuz most of my characters are dark elves.

There's literally nothing left to do worth the time it takes to do. And I recognized that immediately that it was going to be this way. Don't go around acting like I don't have friends and I'm not in a guild I am in a damn big Guild. It's funny they disagreed with me they said the same things you did and now they're bored and back to playing on blue or not at all days go by and we don't even see them login anymore.

Maybe it's because I'm retired and have a lot more time on my hands in the winter than you do when it's cold so I really don't have much else to do while the kids were in school but the the game is still very very empty to what it will be after Sol to and kunark are released.

I think it's because happiness in human beings comes from making progress, being on the journey and progressing. We've hit a brick wall so we're unhappy, no surprise there.

Also I'd say were somewhat spoiled by Sony. They kept us reeling trying to keep up with new content because they released it so fast. I watched a guy play on povar for months before I started, In This Very era I probably didn't start until a month month-and-a-half before kunark came out. The most of that time he was miserable and his complaints probably sounded a lot like ours adding in the fact that plane of hate was so broken they could barely raid it. Bill through a couple of temper tantrums that I clearly remember over that zone. He was playing at work. Lol
Old 01-14-2020, 01:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ignore this guy, OP. The only way the situation is this bleak on green or teal is if you avoid having any friends or a good guild, purposely avoid using your brain to find available camps, don't understand that the only gear a wiz needs in classic to do well is like +60 int which is easy to obtain even without expensive items like GEBs, and think that classic EQ is going to spoonfeed you "fresh" content on a schedule like a modern MMO's raid patches.
The voice of reason right here.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right, you didn't say "raiding". But what else could you mean when you say vanilla has no endgame? Honestly that's the major difference between vanilla and kunark/velious when it comes to endgame.
there are three high end dungeons in vanilla, all with at least twenty-two minute respawns, and one of them is kedge. several classes are capable of soloing most camps, and some can hold down several solo; maybe five camps in the entire game have any use for four or more level appropriate people of basically any class composition. the good news is, gear is just for flavor and watching number go up, as virtually everything is incredibly easy by kunark or velious standards!

i'll die defending vanilla as an incredible game for the early stages where every piece of copper and patchwork counts, and the staff bought some time with the server split, but the end stage of vanilla was always going to be a desolate mad max hellscape of roving solo class warbois farming items for the next stage because that is the only endgame that exists.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Ignore this guy, OP. The only way the situation is this bleak on green or teal is if you avoid having any friends or a good guild, purposely avoid using your brain to find available camps, don't understand that the only gear a wiz needs in classic to do well is like +60 int which is easy to obtain even without expensive items like GEBs, and think that classic EQ is going to spoonfeed you "fresh" content on a schedule like a modern MMO's raid patches.
It's not easy to obtain decent gear right now because prices are inflated and all of the decent camps are locked down during non-NEET hours. Kunark will probably alleviate these issues to a certain extent, but I suspect this will be a problem that will persist throughout Green/Teal's lifespan, especially after the merge.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there are three high end dungeons in vanilla, all with at least twenty-two minute respawns, and one of them is kedge. several classes are capable of soloing most camps, and some can hold down several solo; maybe five camps in the entire game have any use for four or more level appropriate people of basically any class composition. the good news is, gear is just for flavor and watching number go up, as virtually everything is incredibly easy by kunark or velious standards!

i'll die defending vanilla as an incredible game for the early stages where every piece of copper and patchwork counts, and the staff bought some time with the server split, but the end stage of vanilla was always going to be a desolate mad max hellscape of roving solo class warbois farming items for the next stage because that is the only endgame that exists.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2020, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not easy to obtain decent gear right now because prices are inflated and all of the decent camps are locked down during non-NEET hours. Kunark will probably alleviate these issues to a certain extent, but I suspect this will be a problem that will persist throughout Green/Teal's lifespan, especially after the merge.
FBSS is perma camped even in Kunark.

welcome to Everquest.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree. I found it easy to obtain decent gear right now.

Playing maybe 3-5 hours a day, I've almost perfectly geared my sham already, and I didn't pick up more than a few pieces of gear that I have now before I hit level 49 about a month ago. It will take much, much less time going forward to get the planar/solro upgrades as they come available, short of drops off gods and dragons.

If you only play 1-2 hours a day through classic, you can still "complete" a character (again, short of literal BiS dragon loot) before Kunark drops and still have time to spare for alts or other play. I contend that your believing you should be able to reach that point even faster than that is out of line with the classic experience, not that the current sort of busy-ness at desirable camps is out of line with it.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 01-14-2020 at 04:27 PM..
Old 01-14-2020, 04:47 PM
Sarnak

OP here - thanks for all the replies and inisghts. My foray into a wizard is my first time playing as a caster and while I am enjoying it, it isn't as seamless as the Monk was and downtime can be a bit much (lvl 17 at the moment). I think once I get self ports it'll be easy to hop to ecommons for clarity/sow and then port somewhere. That's my hope anyway.

Good to hear that there is a chance of me participating in raids even if I'm not a hardcore gamer.
Last edited by Anxarcule; 01-14-2020 at 04:55 PM..
Closed Thread