Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 08:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New players needs help and tips

New players needs help and tips
Hi im new to green just starting out, was playing on blue but no groups low level so no fun alone whats a good race/class to start with i need to be able to have np grouping building funds to buy gear and if possible as a bonus solo

How are shamans, druids, necro mage, ranger, monk, rogue, paladin, shadow knight, warrior.

also im loking for an altoholic,casual friendly family and lgbt friendly guild who can my wife and i can join who is open minded mature and accepting of all lgbt and other.

What would be the most simplest easy mode as far as gearing, leveling, possible solo and grouping.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

So ... basically you want me to tell you how play the entire game? I've got your back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://wiki.project1999.com/

Specifically, you're going to want to start on the "guides" page:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure

And even more specifically, you're going to want to start with the first guide on that page, which is geared specifically for "newbies":

http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:42 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi im new to green just starting out, was playing on blue but no groups low level so no fun alone whats a good race/class to start with i need to be able to have np grouping building funds to buy gear and if possible as a bonus solo

How are shamans, druids, necro mage, ranger, monk, rogue, paladin, shadow knight, warrior.

also im loking for an altoholic,casual friendly family and lgbt friendly guild who can my wife and i can join who is open minded mature and accepting of all lgbt and other.

What would be the most simplest easy mode as far as gearing, leveling, possible solo and grouping.
You know you don't have to bring your sexuality into EverQuest, right? Its a fantasy game. Literally no one cares.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Felicity, <Chilling Gaze> is a brand new guild that's a LGBTQ friendly guild, hit me up sometime in game Mindgaymes

~Leader of <Tears of Prexus>~
Magician of the 2 Seas of Norrath!

~Bearded~
51 Cleric

::::RED 99::::

~Sylvana Whisperwind~
45 Druid

~Yiblaangel~
33 Paladin of Prexus

Old 01-27-2020, 09:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashsam13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know you don't have to bring your sexuality into EverQuest, right? Its a fantasy game. Literally no one cares.
It's rare but it does happen, and yes in video games. I was in an LGBTQ friendly guild recently and we lost a player or two who were offended that the guild was of that "persuasion" I guess you could say. Nothing happened in the guild that wouldn't occur in any guild, they were just offended due to their own morals that it was a stated guild stance.

It's the state of the age we live in I guess.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:32 AM
Kobold

Shaman - Well rounded priest, high solo capability, moderate gear dependence, extremely powerful end game / raid expansion. Notable Mention: Torpor breaks the game. Top Race: Ogre

Druid - Well rounded priest, high solo capability, no gear dependence, lackluster end game / raid expansion roles. Notable Mention: Porting best hustle in game. Top Race: Halfling

Necro - DoT damage int caster, best solo capability, no gear dependence, lackluster end game / raid expansion roles. Notable Mention: Farming + FD for lazy convenience. Top Race: Dark Elf

Mage - Pet class int caster, good solo capability, no gear dependence, lackluster end game / raid expansion roles. Notable Mention: Call of the Hero useful and versatile. Top Race: Gnome

Ranger - Well rounded hybrid, decent solo capabilty, very high gear dependence, humiliating end game / raid expansion roles. Notable Mention: Tracking unique and great for farm cycles. Top Race: Human

Paladin - Tanky heal hybrid, low solo capability, high gear dependence, decent end game / raid expansion roles. Notable Mention: Lay of Hands can really turn a bad situation around at all levels. Top Race: Dwarf

SK - Tanky DoT hybrid, decent solo capability, high gear dependence, decent end game / raid expansion roles. Notable Mention: Feign Death is more notable than Harm Touch on Green. Top Race: Troll

Warrior - Melee Tank, no solo capability, high gear dependence, vital end game / raid expansion roles. Notable Mention: Proc weapons + crippling blows can make you an aggro + DPS machine. Top Race: Ogre

Monk - High DPS Melee w/ Survivability, decent solo capability, moderate gear dependence, vital end game / raid expansion roles. Notable Mention: Feign Death pulling is the highest mechanical art in the game. Top Race currently on Green: Human

Rogue - High DPS Melee w/ Stealth, no solo capability, high gear dependence, useful end game / raid expansion roles. Notable Mention: Rogue stealth can get by see invis mobs, and can get corpses where coffins would be otherwise needed.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexNemox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's rare but it does happen, and yes in video games. I was in an LGBTQ friendly guild recently and we lost a player or two who were offended that the guild was of that "persuasion" I guess you could say. Nothing happened in the guild that wouldn't occur in any guild, they were just offended due to their own morals that it was a stated guild stance.

It's the state of the age we live in I guess.
You mean the age of "I'm offended" from everybody including LGBTQZ as well.

Because 10'ish years ago and during live even going back to 99' nobody gave a shit in guild because it was about the game. Now it's about what nich group I'm a part of even if it doesn't involve what I'm doing-talking about now

Edit- and to answer your question, do yourself a favor and pick a good race, non-xp penalty class for your first character.
Last edited by Gatorsmash; 01-28-2020 at 07:52 AM..
Old 01-28-2020, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean the age of "I'm offended" from everybody including LGBTQZ as well.

Because 10'ish years ago and during live even going back to 99' nobody gave a shit in guild because it was about the game. Now it's about what nich group I'm a part of even if it doesn't involve what I'm doing-talking about now

Edit- and to answer your question, do yourself a favor and pick a good race, non-xp penalty class for your first character.
He's trying to avoid a guild that has members that say things like "those fags" or "that's gay". I guess it is indeed a reflection of the current times where a simple request like that brings out people who want to share their own opinions how they feel about it.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:54 AM
Banned

lol
Old 01-28-2020, 01:29 PM
Aviak

Have your wife make a human monk and you roll a barbarian shaman, start in Halas and Qeynos, level up using gnoll fangs and rabid wolves/grizzlies until 12 or so, go make hundreds of plat hunting bandits in West Karana, then go to the east coast of Antonica to fight alligators in Oasis, venture into Guk, basically go wherever you want after that- Monks are pretty engaging for noobs as far as playstyle goes, and shaman is pretty excellent support with buffs and slows, and you get SoW faster than anyone else. Try it out-
Closed Thread