Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure how often you'd need Qeynos, but you can invis and wall bank in Felwithe - and the druid ring vendors sell to everyone ^^
Qeynos is also really easy to get well-liked in.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both are good choices, just don't go barb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Barbarian is worth it if you don't want to dick around with Overthere faction issues, you don't want to play Iksar, and you want to win Fashionquest.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Barbarian gets a racial that no other race can duplicate: polar bear form.

Also kilts
Old 01-30-2020, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Barbarian is worth it if you don't want to dick around with Overthere faction issues, you don't want to play Iksar, and you want to win Fashionquest.
Don't forget the lowest XP penalty. Everyone acts like it's no big deal, but to me saving 10% (if not 15%) of the time it takes another race to go from 1 to 60 is ... well it's a lot of time!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-30-2020, 08:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Barbarian gets a racial that no other race can duplicate: polar bear form.
I remember that as being very large and bright.
The other races get a brown or black bear form. Up to personal preference I guess.
Old 01-30-2020, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget the lowest XP penalty. Everyone acts like it's no big deal, but to me saving 10% (if not 15%) of the time it takes another race to go from 1 to 60 is ... well it's a lot of time!
You're overselling the lower exp requirement, imo. The extra exp a troll (or iksar) needs is largely/entirely offset by their significantly better regen giving you faster recoveries (and slightly more strength in a fight itself). FSI is a small thing while leveling, but I could see it saving a death or two over the course of many hundreds of hours of exping. And then at 60, the exp doesn't matter at all, but the non-barb races still have their advantages.

I could see being a barb for appearances sake, or because you don't like being evil, but the exp bonus shouldn't really be a part of the equation imo.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're overselling the lower exp requirement, imo. The extra exp a troll (or iksar) needs is largely/entirely offset by their significantly better regen giving you faster recoveries (and slightly more strength in a fight itself). FSI is a small thing while leveling, but I could see it saving a death or two over the course of many hundreds of hours of exping. And then at 60, the exp doesn't matter at all, but the non-barb races still have their advantages.

I could see being a barb for appearances sake, or because you don't like being evil, but the exp bonus shouldn't really be a part of the equation imo.
I played an iksar sk to 60

hoo boy that was not easy task, did most of 50+ solo due to groups not wanting to share the penalty...
Old 01-30-2020, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played an iksar sk to 60

hoo boy that was not easy task, did most of 50+ solo due to groups not wanting to share the penalty...
Granted. But we're talking about the difference between a barb sham and a troll sham. Apples and orangutans.
Closed Thread