Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 06:35 PM
Kobold

Am I being detained?
Old 10-31-2019, 07:32 PM
Aviak

Looting an item off a rotting corpse that's been there a while isn't a huge deal on its own, at least to me. What I find particularly egregious about this case, is that it sounds like someone just walked up to a camp and started looting corpses. That's messed up, unless you've gotten permission from said group.

If it was a lone corpse out in the middle of nowhere with a minute or so remaining? I wouldn't fault anyone for looting. But that's not what happened, and seems a little weird that anyone would try to defend this.

That being said, not sure if this was a big enough deal to make a thread about. /ignore and move on.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A sane person would say the line is drawn after you had 2 minutes to loot the corpse now the corpse is open to public looting as Brad (peace be upon him) intended.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enshadowed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looting an item off a rotting corpse that's been there a while isn't a huge deal on its own, at least to me. What I find particularly egregious about this case, is that it sounds like someone just walked up to a camp and started looting corpses. That's messed up, unless you've gotten permission from said group.

If it was a lone corpse out in the middle of nowhere with a minute or so remaining? I wouldn't fault anyone for looting. But that's not what happened, and seems a little weird that anyone would try to defend this.
Pretty much this. I've seen that situation in the past on blue. Group grinding away on HK gobs, doing alpha for loot turns for ears. Tank/puller is letting corpses build up on his turn so he can keep his rotation/timing on the pulls going then comes to loot a bunch to get his ear.

Some shitty rogue comes up and starts looting our gobs. We all start giving him a ton of shit in /say and his excuse was "they were rotting". No one would call that dude in the right, corpse timer or not. At the very least anyone would agree he should ASK FIRST.

OP story is an even more small-time version of mine but the point is there should be a standard of behavior we expect as a community or else we'd all suffer on the other end someday. Most of the rules revolve around those player communal expectations, and if there was zero effort by staff to enforce anything then P99 wouldn't have lasted this long.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Guys we should listen to theses really upset red players maybe they're right about how these rules should appeal more to people like them?
Old 10-31-2019, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much this. I've seen that situation in the past on blue. Group grinding away on HK gobs, doing alpha for loot turns for ears. Tank/puller is letting corpses build up on his turn so he can keep his rotation/timing on the pulls going then comes to loot a bunch to get his ear.

Some shitty rogue comes up and starts looting our gobs. We all start giving him a ton of shit in /say and his excuse was "they were rotting". No one would call that dude in the right, corpse timer or not. At the very least anyone would agree he should ASK FIRST.

OP story is an even more small-time version of mine but the point is there should be a standard of behavior we expect as a community or else we'd all suffer on the other end someday. Most of the rules revolve around those player communal expectations, and if there was zero effort by staff to enforce anything then P99 wouldn't have lasted this long.
Was the rogues name Merclike?
Old 11-01-2019, 12:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're probably well aware of this, but any player (or grouped players) that kill a mob automatically are the only ones that can loot the corpse. Period. Full stop. Guides probably won't have the time at this stage of things to answer a petition to parse the log to see if someone ripped off a bronze weapon or something off a corpse that they didn't kill, but if you have screenshots / video that's convincing to supply with a report, I say, go for it.

Should be a hoot to just hang around in the newbe areas and screenshot everyone who loots something that someone else killed and just didnt loot and report them. I mean if its full stop and all that.

Sarcasm aside, if its someone hanging around your camp and looting your stuff when your not looking that's one thing. Just the way people get so anal over these things laughable. Rare mobs are one thing sure but it just sounds ridiculous that you can report someone for looting your spider silk because you had to let the dog out and missed your 2 min window to loot.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:20 AM
Fire Giant

I would be interesting to know whether the non-group looter was new to P99 or an existing (Blue/Red) player?

When grouped I always tell people to loot before someone else does. If the person in rotation isn't available, the next person in rotation loots and that person gets next. No big deal.

And hate to say it, this is classic; I remember those invis rogues hanging around corpses waiting to loot back in the day. Get off my lawn.

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 11-01-2019, 01:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude was in the right and did nothing wrong.

I've never even heard of chicken shit like this before this thread.
That's ninja looting dude. If a RAID mob's corpse unlocks that doesn't given any random schmuck the right to come up and loot and a GROUP mob's corpse is no different. Its the property of the raid and/or group that killed it
Old 11-01-2019, 01:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
A single gnoll fang.
13 pages and counting.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Closed Thread