Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

Default Guise - Coresponding Dark Elf face option

Given I happen to get lucky on a guise of the deceiver. Is there a way to tell in advance which Dark Elf face you get? Is it like face option 1 to 1 or did someone do the trial and made a matrix for that yet?
Old 10-20-2019, 04:54 PM
Fire Giant

My guess is you get default face according to the client and/or server, otherwise this sounds near-impossible to document without GM powers. I kinda doubt any of them are gonna do this.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Man deep fashionquest here.

Guessing dwarf face 1 would translate to de face 1
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 10-20-2019 at 05:11 PM..
Old 10-20-2019, 05:12 PM
Project Manager

I think players should get a different dark elf face depending on what face their true race has.

I assume it would be something like human:male:face2->darkelf:male:face2.

If this isn't working, and if it should, will add it to the list. Not high on priority by any means, but would be nice to have details for when someone wants to work on it!
Old 10-20-2019, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Ive tested this thoroughly. For the quickest reference use the velious fashion page. There are six faces lined up. Whose faces are exactly aligned with which face you get when you race change using the illusion spell.

However two problems to note with that method. Number one is there's only six faces shown out of the eight. Number two is that helmets obscure some faces. I will tell you the helmeted dark elf face is the one that belongs to the very deep red eyed mr spock looking face.

Another method that you can't do one blue anymore now but works on the easy server is to use a quickly leveled up chanter to cross-reference the illusions while using the face tab to switch faces. Be careful doing this method and make sure you Zone before you check each time because the first time you cast it that face will always come up even if you change using the face tab

Finally if you just show me what face you want to have as a dark elf I will show you what face to get with whatever race you want to play

Here is a human example of what I meant for the fashion page (I cut out the helmeted plate guys):

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

also heres a link to some face comparisons some jackass made using his cell phone camera for some reason a couple years ago when talking about the topic
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s....php?p=2519817
Last edited by Cen; 10-20-2019 at 05:51 PM..
Old 10-20-2019, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

also heres a link to some face comparisons some jackass made using his cell phone camera for some reason a couple years ago when talking about the topic
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s....php?p=2519817
to add 1 point of data here: my halfling on green has the face shown on this dudes' cell phone images and when I guise, I become that same dark elf face

so it probably is already working as nilbog suggested above
Old 10-20-2019, 09:49 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

You can customize your DE face locally to whatever you want. Use S3DSpy to open the s3d files. They correspond as Nilbog posted above. Just take the one you like, and overwrite the one that corresponds to your regular race face. It is pretty simple. I did it on Blue.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:49 PM
Fire Giant

Strong FashionQuest opening. Well done!
Old 10-20-2019, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to add 1 point of data here: my halfling on green has the face shown on this dudes' cell phone images and when I guise, I become that same dark elf face

so it probably is already working as nilbog suggested above
It is working normally and correctly as far as I have seen. I guess I should have mentioned.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:24 PM
Kobold

I guess I can give you guys this. Male obviously isn't finished. Can double check faces for yourself I only think it's right no guarantees here.

Female Faces

Male Faces

Oh also it's the EQ HD faces so sucks for you if you don't like them.
Closed Thread