Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Also supply matters. The price of tink bags are limited by merchant prices, the price of abu boxes are limited by the number of level 1 alts sellers made to hold their boxes.

If I want to buy a tink bag I HAVE to pay 5k.

If I want to buy a box I have probably 100 farmers to make offers to. If I'm the only buyer then it's worth whatever is better than nothing to the lowest priced farmer. It's that supply and demand thing.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tywulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best thing about Tink bag? It's not lore.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:50 AM
Orc

I've waited 20 years to play on a server with a chance for Abu boxes and I wouldn't sell mine for any price. On live I started in October just missing a whole bunch of stuff.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

Btw, since I posted my replies last week ive gotten a ton of requests for abu boxes and daggers. I've blown mostly through my extra supply of them now so I can't field any more.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also supply matters. The price of tink bags are limited by merchant prices, the price of abu boxes are limited by the number of level 1 alts sellers made to hold their boxes.

If I want to buy a tink bag I HAVE to pay 5k.

If I want to buy a box I have probably 100 farmers to make offers to. If I'm the only buyer then it's worth whatever is better than nothing to the lowest priced farmer. It's that supply and demand thing.
Probably best to just think of them as mildly elastic related goods.

If the tink bag were a perfect substitute for abu box then there would functionally be a binding price floor on both bags (nobody would ever pay 6k for abu box if they get the same thing exact thing as a tink bag for 5000, or whatever they cost with high charisma).

Of course, they aren't exact substitutes. The big return on abu boxes isn't going to come right now...its marginal benefit is relatively small compared to the future demand one can expect on this item. The real return kicks in when collector's are willing to pay tons for an item that no longer drops in the case of abu box.

The timeline is narrower on green than blue...but I'd expect to see enough time to see plenty of new players come at kunark and velious launch...and some of them will pack mule collectors...they pay the big bucks for pixels that they want. Same with thex dagger. Put that bitch away in the bottom of your bank and sell it late velious for what will eventually be worth more than some epics...
Old 05-26-2020, 08:12 PM
Banned

Legacy items become NODROP to the toon they're on when server recycles right? So no use spending time on green leveling up a necro, waiting till velious, and /listing for holgresh elder beads when I can just use that time to farm the plat way before end of cycle of green and just buy it on blue yeah?
Old 05-26-2020, 09:38 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably best to just think of them as mildly elastic related goods.

If the tink bag were a perfect substitute for abu box then there would functionally be a binding price floor on both bags (nobody would ever pay 6k for abu box if they get the same thing exact thing as a tink bag for 5000, or whatever they cost with high charisma).

Of course, they aren't exact substitutes. The big return on abu boxes isn't going to come right now...its marginal benefit is relatively small compared to the future demand one can expect on this item. The real return kicks in when collector's are willing to pay tons for an item that no longer drops in the case of abu box.

The timeline is narrower on green than blue...but I'd expect to see enough time to see plenty of new players come at kunark and velious launch...and some of them will pack mule collectors...they pay the big bucks for pixels that they want. Same with thex dagger. Put that bitch away in the bottom of your bank and sell it late velious for what will eventually be worth more than some epics...
Manastones yes, thex daggers and box of abu kar? Ain’t no one buying that on blue, so I highly doubt anyone would be paying top dollar for those in velious.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legacy items become NODROP to the toon they're on when server recycles right? So no use spending time on green leveling up a necro, waiting till velious, and /listing for holgresh elder beads when I can just use that time to farm the plat way before end of cycle of green and just buy it on blue yeah?
I believe that is just wild elf-forum speculation.
Closed Thread