Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 01:24 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but what about the over-the-ear design.
does it get too hot? I have B&O Bioplay H9i's and after an hour of wearing them my ears get too warm. I originally bought those specifically for the winter commute.
Really comfortable. It's high end leather that doesn't shed if you wear them to workout. I have had probably 12 different headsets in the prior 5-6 years. Nothing beats the arctic pro wireless in sound, durability and battery.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:24 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who spends $300 on a pair of gaming headphones has no money in the bank
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-28-2020, 02:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could be: we actually don't have enough long term studies to know. But to the best of our knowledge currently it's safe.
ah shaddup we know enuf to know its alright okay
Old 05-28-2020, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Im suspect
Old 05-28-2020, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibelia1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ah shaddup we know enuf to know its alright okay
I mean ... not really. And I say that as a big believer in trusting science and not ignorant fear mongering. I'm no scientist myself, but I did spend four years at a precision medicine start-up and learned a lot from my biology PhD co-workers about medical research.

There have been countless times throughout history where we knew X for certain, and we knew Y for certain, but we didn't think about detail Z that comes up when X and Y are combined. We know a lot about a lot of the tech involved in Bluetooth ... but we don't know for certain that there are no ill effects heavily using this specific radio frequency directly on your brain box for hours at a time over the course of years.

That's not saying Bluetooth isn't safe! It just means there's a non-negligible chance it isn't, and we don't know for sure.

I should also note there could be a "too much horse shit" angle here: before cars city planners were (seriously) worried that too much horse shit was going to start overflowing major cities.
In retrospect automobiles made that a joke of a concern, and in the same way if we cure cancer, or even just get a lot better at treating it (eg. with precision medicine) none of this will matter.

But if you plan to wear Bluetooth headphones a lot and don't want to take even a small chance of an increased rate of cancer (that might someday be curable) ... don't wear them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:43 PM
Banned

i bet you feel pretty silly right now
Old 05-28-2020, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i bet you feel pretty silly right now
Because I posted five paragraphs about Bluetooth safety in an elf sim off topic forum?

I mean ... I guess, a little ... but not really any more than I do for any post I make in an elf sim forum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:15 PM
Banned

feeling pretty silly right now ConfirMeD

sip
Last edited by Snortles Chortles; 05-28-2020 at 03:18 PM..
Old 05-28-2020, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Been using Jabra bluetooth headphones for about a year and they are pretty amazing considering the $100 ish price tag. Very light (it matters to me) and great battery life.

If Bose's Quietcomfort 15 were bluetooth I'd totally go that route though. Owned a pair for years and they are all but amazing (but no wireless nor microphone and take a 1.5 volt battery but they are so worth it).
Closed Thread