Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 01:36 AM
Aviak

Oooh not being able to kill any other creatures is a new feature to use when lawyering this rule afaik

"You lost Pzyn because you were clearing the other spawns while I watched"

That's new to me.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oooh not being able to kill any other creatures is a new feature to use when lawyering this rule afaik

That's new to me.
Perhaps that part of the ruling isn't for all outdoor zones, just mobs like HGs (or say Seafuries), where you have a bunch of similar mobs all together, and it unusual to have people camp a spawn point?

My guess would be that, to avoid having fights over "your taking my (five) spawn points!" they essentially say "if you're going to camp one it has to be clear which you're camping, and that means not running around killing as many as you can while claiming to be camping a point".

If I'm guessing that right, clearing random stuff in Qeynos Hills wouldn't be a problem.

P.S. Keep in mind also that these rules only come up when two people dispute a camp. Until someone comes along and says "I want to share", you can clear every mob in QH for as long as you want. It's only when someone says "I want Pyz or Hadden, pick one" then you have to start following rules.

So it's not like someone could come up and say "you took mob X, you lose your camp": they'd have to say "I see that you're doing X and Y: please pick one and lose the other" ... and if you picked Pyz but chased other stuff, then you might have an issue.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-23-2020 at 02:35 AM..
Old 01-23-2020, 03:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This goes for same in oasis at specs?

Druid last night claimed all 8... 4 static 1 static in tower and 3 in top tower...

He didn't want to share and when i tried to kite one he kept dispelling it. I just left.

Maybe things are different here but i once had a shm on red do this to me named Fecal Matter and provided screen shots and sirken said that screen shots are not valid evidence. Also let the player named Fecal matter keep his name.

So glad sirken is gone
Oasis is an outdoor zone, so yes. Each spec can be considered a camp. Ask him to pick one and you'll take another. If he doesn't cooperate, or concede at least one mob, petition and he will lose.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's new to me.
Yeah, it sounds like a rule that is only in effect if Galach happens to be the responding GM, since I've seen no mention of that "rule" anywhere else.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:57 PM
Server GM

I'm unfamiliar with Pzyn, but if it acts similar to the AC in Sro (can spawn at any location) then I could see how it could be a straight FTE battle.

If it has a set spawn spot (singular) then it would work just like any other campable mob. Again, I don't know how it works, so don't quote me on this.

I know during the peak hours of Seafuries years ago (before Velious) it was common to see individual spawns camped by a singular player since there might be 8 or more people camping them.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:07 PM
Kobold

I'm curious Galach.....would you consider Quillmane an FTE mob since it has 4? (or is it 3 I forget) separate spawn locations, yet all are based off killing ph's.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:11 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamurv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious Galach.....would you consider Quillmane an FTE mob since it has 4? (or is it 3 I forget) separate spawn locations, yet all are based off killing ph's.
You can camp a singular PH spawn location yourself. You can't claim every Quillmane unless you have a person at each spawn location.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, it sounds like a rule that is only in effect if Galach happens to be the responding GM, since I've seen no mention of that "rule" anywhere else.
You're missing something crucial here: it's not that what you said is wrong, it's just that ... EVERY rule is a rule that's only in effect when a given GM shows up, unless it's in the Play Nice Policies. And if you actually read those policies, you'll find that they leave out a lot.

This is by design: remember, the staff are just people who volunteer their time to let everyone else who wants to actually play the game do so. They have the least fun out of any of us, so the system is weighted towards making that not-fun task as painless as it can be for them.

If they had to compile some massive bible of rules for every possible camp, and then anytime they forgot the slightest footnote in it the forum pounced on them ... it'd probably be impossible to get anyone to do the job.

But at the same time, if you understand all that, you can also understand that people who volunteer their time to help are not doing so to play "gotcha" and unfairly suspend people! They absolutely want people to understand the rules, just more on the macro level (essentially "don't be a dick", with a few clarifications) than on a micro "we're going to cover every rule for every spot in this huge virtual world".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:36 PM
Banned

You're not allowed to kill anything else if you're sitting on a static spawn? WTF lol?
Old 01-23-2020, 04:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're missing something crucial here: it's not that what you said is wrong, it's just that ... EVERY rule is a rule that's only in effect when a given GM shows up, unless it's in the Play Nice Policies. And if you actually read those policies, you'll find that they leave out a lot.

This is by design: remember, the staff are just people who volunteer their time to let everyone else who wants to actually play the game do so. They have the least fun out of any of us, so the system is weighted towards making that not-fun task as painless as it can be for them.

If they had to compile some massive bible of rules for every possible camp, and then anytime they forgot the slightest footnote in it the forum pounced on them ... it'd probably be impossible to get anyone to do the job.

But at the same time, if you understand all that, you can also understand that people who volunteer their time to help are not doing so to play "gotcha" and unfairly suspend people! They absolutely want people to understand the rules, just more on the macro level (essentially "don't be a dick", with a few clarifications) than on a micro "we're going to cover every rule for every spot in this huge virtual world".

So they don't want to create a system of precise rules, but Galach just created such a precise rule out of thin air, which may or may not apply at any given time, which only forum-dwellers will know about since its extremely unintuitive, and you think this is an example of keeping things simple? This is neither simple nor predictable, nor fair. If someone is camping a spawn spot, and attacks an HG wandering by unengaged, some guy can immediately run in and grab the spawn pt he was sitting on? What if he attacks a basilisk or a lizard man?

This is the problem with trying to control things: the more rules you make, the more star systems slip through your fingers.