Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 04:56 PM
Banned

You lose regardless imo
Old 05-26-2020, 05:08 PM
Orc

You're not killing Osargen, and you're not camping him. He's charmed. Druid can kick rocks & send his petition to elf court.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

yeah druids SoL. As long as someone wasn't actively killing him when you showed up and charmed. Its yours. He/she can cry all they want. There is plenty of other camps they could go to.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-26-2020, 07:23 PM
Kobold

I will play Druid's advocate.

What if every enchanter in the zone had a charmed pet, and there were no mobs to kill?
Old 05-26-2020, 07:30 PM
Kobold

I’d love to see a twinked out 34ench with negative MR gear hasting Mistress Anna Charmed for goblin Group lol.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChoo Train [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d love to see a twinked out 34ench with negative MR gear hasting Mistress Anna Charmed for goblin Group lol.

If you’re in a group wouldn’t really matter. Stun and mez and then you have a healer right there to help your HP bar out. Charm breaks are really only a problem if you’re soloing
Old 05-26-2020, 07:43 PM
Sarnak

I know its been said but it is certainly not against the rules to charm a mob and use it as a pet all night. I dont see a rules problem here. That said green is a crowded clusterfuck and honestly were it me *and the person asked with a modicum of deceny* id likely just give up osargen and charm something else. Now in your situation based on what we know id say you handled it perfectly. Charming osargen for a hhk gobbo group is an enchanter rite of passage and honestly as a druid in that range its not like there aint plenty of other choices better than involving a gm over nothing!
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 05-26-2020, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChoo Train [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The -MR will be useless. 99% of your breaks will be due to level difference in that case. -
Old 05-26-2020, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordgordon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will play Druid's advocate.

What if every enchanter in the zone had a charmed pet, and there were no mobs to kill?
This actually raises a decent point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Nice Policies
10. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

- Deliberately blocking a doorway or narrow area so other players cannot get past.

- Refusing to cooperate with the other parties at a contested spawn site after having been instructed to do so by a P99CSR.

- Making excessive and inappropriate use of public channels of communications (/shout, /ooc, etc.).

- Intentionally causing excessive zone latency (creating excessive corpses, abusing spell effects, etc.).

- Causing intentional experience loss to other players (deliberately impeding fleeing players by blocking their escape route, intentionally training NPCs on other players, etc.).
The Druid could argue that the Enchanter was disrupting "the normal playability of a zone or area". The examples listed don't really fit, but clearly at some point (as Lordgordon suggested) charming enough mobs would become disruption ... and of course it would be up to the GM to decide where the line is.

I'd go so far as to suggest that charming just a single mob could qualify ... IF you're charming a key merchant or quest NPC, just to be a dick and prevent someone from using them. What seems to keep the Enchanter in this situation in the clear is:
A) it's only one mob

B) it's just an XP mob

C) the Enchanter is legitimately using the pet, not just denying someone else

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:34 PM
Aviak

If someone is being an ass to you about it and you're not breaking the rules then screw it. Obviously though, this escalation caused this person some stress and you some stress (I mean, you posted about it). So sometimes I think it's better to be the bigger person and let the other guy win. He probably would have just camped it for a half hour anyway and you'd have saved a lot of hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(and had him charmed for about 5 hours before this)
This is the favorite line of anyone who has been lucky af to have 2+ camps to themselves for a long time trying to justify why they won't or can't share now. It's tempting to throw that in there, but it really is superfluous.

... this is my 2 cents on green having dealt with a lot of random disputes that either I'm at fault for escalating or someone else needlessly escalated. It really does cause a lot of stress to an already contentious interaction where someone has something you want
Closed Thread