Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by suptoofs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My family is from Lesvos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Plomari specifically.
Kali mera!

My in laws are from Asamatos. Your family are from an incredible island and you should be proud to be a Lesbian.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
97% of which scientists say they think humans aren't causing significant global warming? Please do try to keep your contrarian bullshit straight.
I misspoke. It should read "the 97% who think humans are causing significant global warming when in fact they do not believe it."

Thank you for your editing efforts.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:23 PM
Kobold

I knew I could never convince those who were indoctrinated so heavily, but the intellectual limitations upon such people also makes them great foils. Much like the 'dumb white guy who needs to be explained to by the smart female or smart PoC' advertising formula, you were part of the show. Those who could be swayed will note that my arguments and sources were far superior to what little was offered by the opposing side.

So I'm going to fade out from the AGW portion of this thread, except to leave a present that might explain a bit about why so many can believe exactly the same nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqib9mg3_J4
Old 01-23-2020, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nirgon is telling us about shilling for corrupt politicians while citing an article from a fringe think tank funded by the Koch brothers, Exxon Mobil, and Philip Morris. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's gonna be an ice age! There's global warming! Just kidding it's climate change!

Hey, here's a REAL WEIRD thought. The Earth's climate changed without us even existing yet. How much do we owe in back taxes? LOL
Old 01-23-2020, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you ever get tired of trying to bullshit people on here? Have you ever considered these people are trying to tax us over nothing to take our money to fund more political stunt bs like this?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexeps...-is-100-wrong/

https://cei.org/blog/wrong-again-50-...ic-predictions

Here's some good stuff

2013 -
Climate change is lowering the water levels in the Great Lakes!

http://archive.jsonline.com/news/wis...16429601.html/

2020-
Now it's making them too high!
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...ds/4425372002/

What's your degree in again dude? Anonymous posting on these boards and shilling for corrupt politicians?
“ In fact, six of the top 11 wettest years occurred in the last decade. So it's no shock that Lake Michigan water levels tied the record July level last summer, when it was more than 2˝ feet above the long-term average for the month.”

https://nca2014.globalchange.gov/hig...xtreme-weather

“ Human-induced climate change has already increased the number and strength of some of these extreme events. Over the last 50 years, much of the U.S. has seen increases in prolonged periods of excessively high temperatures, heavy downpours, and in some regions, severe floods and droughts.”

They stopped using the term “global warming” because people couldn’t grasp the concept that weather and climate are two separate things. Weather refers to short-term changes in the atmosphere, climate describes what the weather is like over a long period of time in a specific area. Changes in the climate INFLUENCE weather, ergo, a warming of Earth’s overall climate can lead to drastic changes in the weather .
TL DR: Climate change accounts for weather patterns causing Great Lakes levels rising and falling.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:33 PM
Skeleton

I love when people pretend to read science articles to prove/disprove their pointless points.

(X) Doubt
Old 01-23-2020, 05:35 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
They stopped using the term “global warming” because people couldn’t grasp the concept that weather and climate are two separate things. Weather refers to short-term changes in the atmosphere, climate describes what the weather is like over a long period of time in a specific area. Changes in the climate INFLUENCE weather, ergo, a warming of Earth’s overall climate can lead to drastic changes in the weather .
The fun thing is, we know who the idiots are when they repeat the same stupid line "LOL REMEMBER WHEN IT WAS CALLED GLOBAL WARMING TAEK THAT LIBRALS!!!!" So not only does the change help people who were on the cusp understand, it helps us figure out which individuals are helpless and should be quarantined.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I knew I could never convince those who were indoctrinated so heavily, but the intellectual limitations upon such people also makes them great foils. Much like the 'dumb white guy who needs to be explained to by the smart female or smart PoC' advertising formula, you were part of the show.
Hold on a minute, am I the woman or the person of color in this needlessly political tangent?
Old 01-23-2020, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

Countering "political correctness" with alt-right 4chan impotent rage, anti-science and conspiracy theories. That'll tech dem librawls.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:08 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Hold on a minute, am I the woman or the person of color in this needlessly political tangent?
I believe this is what they call "lashing out irrationally"
Closed Thread