Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 02-03-2023, 06:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers could actually make sense for Iksar thinking about it - they do have a spirituality / wilderness theme to them as a race. heck they even got forage. Iksar warriors have no plate and forage - they are basically rangers already.
Lord knows I would play the shit out of an Iksar Ranger. If you did it, they'd have to be outcasts like the proposed rogues. However, we may be getting a little too into lore building for my tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being descriminated against is one of the supposed themes of half elves, but you don't see it much in game beyond the classes they can('t) choose...
Agreed. Half elves could definitely use more flavor touches. Lots of opportunity here imho. I like the Tribunal half elves in Halas thing. In general they should start with shitty faction, perhaps with some flavorful exceptions (e.g. Bertox Half Elves are accepted by Bertox followers, etc.)
Old 02-03-2023, 08:09 PM
Banned

dude i would totes roll a ghoul paladin cleric BUT GET THIS he is a le heckin chaotic neutral alignment because he remembers living his life as a tunare WORSHPING HIGH elf!!! COOOL IDEA RIGHT GUYS ???!!!

>this thread
(lol)
Old 02-03-2023, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dude i would totes roll a ghoul paladin cleric BUT GET THIS he is a le heckin chaotic neutral alignment because he remembers living his life as a tunare WORSHPING HIGH elf!!! COOOL IDEA RIGHT GUYS ???!!!

>this thread
(lol)
You're pretending to post this ironically out of derision, but you actually like that idea you shared. The only thing you are not be congruent on is that he would be a she so she can have some massive norks.

It's a cool idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In general they should start with shitty faction, perhaps with some flavorful exceptions (e.g. Bertox Half Elves are accepted by Bertox followers, etc.)
Bertie approves of the muddying of the elf line (are elves susceptible to non-magic disease and aging in eq? are they immortal? IDK) making them susceptible to the ravages of time.

Gonna headcanon Commander Kane a a half elf now. Explains why he never takes his full helm off!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Last edited by Jimjam; 02-03-2023 at 08:14 PM..
Old 02-03-2023, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Lindybeige had a funny idea that Half Elves should be like mules and the big downside is they can't have children.

That would actually be interesting lore, and make a lot of sense why they are shunned in social circles
Old 02-03-2023, 08:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can only play from a mechanized contraption that is like 10% worse than the bard epic, which he can use but can't use as an instrument.

The advantage is you get the mechanized contraption at like level 5 after some noob quests killing scarabs so you're set for instruments.
I can't tell if this is a real thing, but it doesn't sound like a worthwhile tradeoff to me...
Old 02-03-2023, 10:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel if you go too hard on interesting "contrast" it gets weird where the majority of players are off theme—e.g. most Paladins are DEs and most Rangers are Iksar, etc. But I think some of the races could use more fleshing out.
It's possible but given the number of ogres and trolls out there I don't know that they necessarily would. Erudite clerics, paladins, and shadow knights are practically unheard of in game. You would probably end up with a lot of Iksar anything just because of regen and ac bonus though. So you never know.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can only play from a mechanized contraption that is like 10% worse than the bard epic, which he can use but can't use as an instrument.

The advantage is you get the mechanized contraption at like level 5 after some noob quests killing scarabs so you're set for instruments.
A synthetisizing short sequencer? With worn effect that enables /melody?
Old 02-03-2023, 10:16 PM
Banned

Exclamation

...and to anticipate the majority of off theme classes babe WE LIMIT the amount of character combinations that can be rolled on this particular server babe...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-03-2023, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Something I've always been interested in is a "fallen" paladin. Like if you're a Tunare paladin and you kill things in the Plane of Growth, what if you lost a number of your abilities? Not becoming a shadow knight, but instead needing to pick up more melee abilities or something to make up for the lost holy powers. I think this is a thing in D&D but idk anything about D&D.

And like there's a fancy long redemption quest you can do to get your powers back maybe.

Is this anything?

Make it half elf.
Old 02-04-2023, 03:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaqua [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A synthetisizing short sequencer? With worn effect that enables /melody?
/melody would be too OP for the gnome epic tinkered instrument. Maybe the high end sequencer comes out in luclin.

And maybe the basic tinkered music contraption (like a player piano) is like 5% worse than bard epic or something, but again you get it forever from day 1 almost. The gnome non musical bard.
Lost but not forgotten.