Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-20-2020, 05:29 AM
Large Rat

Default Any last ditch efforts left?

I have been trying to fix this problem for two nights now with no luck.....

I recently got a 1080p monitor to plug my laptop into, through HDMI, but since I connected it I can't log into game anymore (with or without monitor). I can make it to character select and that's about it. I have managed to get into game twice out of all my attempts, but then I crash on zoning or camping.

I have tried all possible fixes that I was able to find while searching. I have done a few fresh installs, played with way to many resolution combos through eqclient.ini, deleted eqclient.ini multiple times for fresh a start, logged in through WinEQ2.0, Borderless Gaming, and messed with Nvidia control panel with no luck.

The errors I get since plugging this monitor in is "Server not responding" and/or Application Error that references a bunch of 0's and memory could not be read.

Another buggy issue that has occurred since I got this damn monitor is that I have not been able to use short cuts or run as administrator to open game anymore. I have had to change the compatibility option in Launch Titanium.exe just to run it. I can only select that one file to even enter. It didn't matter how many fresh installs I did.

If anyone knows the solution or even possible solutions please let me know. I was so annoyed I logged into EQ live for awhile just to play on my day off, but it's not the same and feels kind of dirty.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 09-20-2020, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

It's definitely a resolution issue. Try enabling windowed mode in the ini file and starting simple - 4:3 aspect ratio so 1024x768 or something. Once you get the client stable, you can tweak it from there.

I run into the same thing when I use an external monitor so I keep separate copies of my ini files and rename them as needed depending on which monitor I plan on using.

-Mcoy
Old 09-20-2020, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

I'm with Mcoy. try getting your graphics drivers from your laptop manufacture.
it's a driver/resolution issue.
set your laptop and the monitor to the same resolution, and refresh rate.

sounds strange that you can't use short cuts now, maybe a larger issue with windows.
but I'd imagine if you describe your issue better we could figure it out.

from the many of years ive had troubleshooting for people
my something doesn't work, means absolutely nothing to me
when i double click on an icon to start it, it doesn't start, is a better description.
when i right click a short cut and change in the properties to run program as admin, it still doesn't start, makes way more sense to me.
the best way to show that you are having problems is to run the program from the command line.
try the following from your start menu, navigate to run, and once prompted enter CMD
you should get the dos command line
from there cd (change directory) to your Eq folder
for me it's cd EQemu
once you have entered your Eq folder you can start the game
enter the following into CMD, "eqgame.exe patchme", without quotes
when you enter into an area that causes you to crash, most of the problem will be in your CMD window
you can then copy paste it here

alternatively in your Eq folder there is a log folder, we need to see dbg.log (i forget the spelling)
there should only be 1 or 2 logs
delete them and recreate the issue with your game
attach the logs so we can read them at our leisure

hope this helps
Old 09-21-2020, 01:55 AM
Sarnak

additionally, make sure you have the v53 patch files
Old 09-22-2020, 01:04 AM
Large Rat

Thank you both for your replies... after the reassurance of it being resolution I tried out so more options and found a fix.

Nvidia Control Panel
Adjust desktop size and position
= Full Screen
= Perform Scaling = GPU

Thanks Again!!