Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 11:55 AM
Kobold

Default A tale of 2 sowers

Get an unrest group with a shaman... Notice the puller is moving quite slow and I've been here for 10 minutes with now sow....

I ask what's the deal and he says that he doesn't sow cause ghouls root overwrite it... I am flabbergasted a guild members said this is the 4th time he's mentioned it...

Fast forward a few hours after he leaves...

A druid joins were banging through the main rooms and she says hey guys I think ghoulbroot might overwrite sow... Let me know if it wears off! I was floored!
Old 11-19-2019, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

As someone that recently replayed those levels, let me tell you at that level SoW literally takes 20% of a shamans mana bar (at least it did for Ogre, which I assume your shm was cuz it's the only proper choice for a shaman). I was one of those "assholes" that refused to sow noobs when I hit level 9 on green because every time I entered a zone I got more /tell requests for SoW than I had mana bar to cast them, which would have been 10 minutes of just sitting to get it back.

The reason your druid was likely able to sow your team is because druids are useless and have no other helpful spells. Sowing everyone is their only duty to a group. Shaman got other things to use their mana on.

I hope I cleared up your issue

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 11-19-2019, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

What plush said except that I picked the wrong race and was too lazy to level an ogre on teal too beyond like level 3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-19-2019, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Has the class elitism started already? You fucking nerds
Old 11-19-2019, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has the class elitism started already? You fucking nerds
I mean, tell me where I lied

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 11-19-2019, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, tell me where I lied
Honest question: How is a low level shaman more useful than a low level druid? Is it it the 20% slow or is it the AGI buffs?
Old 11-19-2019, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

I wonder how many times the druid was ask for a ds and how many times did he use a dot and snare on the mob.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honest question: How is a low level shaman more useful than a low level druid? Is it it the 20% slow or is it the AGI buffs?
Spamming IF heals

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 11-19-2019, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I ask what's the deal and he says that he doesn't sow cause ghouls root overwrite it... I am flabbergasted a guild members said this is the 4th time he's mentioned it...

A druid joins were banging through the main rooms and she says hey guys I think ghoulbroot might overwrite sow... Let me know if it wears off! I was floored!
Wait, OP, why are you flabbergasted? Are you flabbergasted that SoW classes would neglect SoWing group members because it is constantly being overwritten? That sounds reasonable, depending on the group’s collective mana regen rate versus how frequently the group fights ghouls. Or are you flabbergasted to find out that roots/snares overwrite SoW? Were you floored by the Main Room druid because he offered to refresh it if it wore off?
Old 11-19-2019, 03:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get an unrest group with a shaman...
which camp? Outside no real excuse - there's only that one ghoul by the water. Upstairs in fire-pit isn't so bad except the odd Carrion Ghoul. Main Room makes sense though cause there's 3 ghouls in the room itself plus all the side rooms have a chance to spawn ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A at that level SoW literally takes 20% of a shamans mana b
This is important - depends on group comp but chances are the shaman is dotting, healing, buffing, etc. and there's really not much running around a puller needs to do if they can solidly rotate the spawns. like 10 feet from door to camp.

not convinced the shaman is doing a bad job here
Closed Thread