Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 09:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Goblin Caster Necklace/ Gavel Of Justice

Greetings! Several years ago my wife and I hunted the ice goblin igloos relentlessly looking for the elusive goblin caster to complete the fairly low level shaman quest for the Gavel of Justice. Weeks and never once saw a caster spawn. Playing again now and the same thing, I have been there through three levels now, things are getting green to me and still have never seen a caster spawn. Are they or the Gavel still in game? The quest starts, but weeks in and starting to wonder if the casters still exist to drop the Caster beads. If they are, I will keep trying, if not I can move on happily - thanks for your time!

Andragore

Paladin of Marr
Old 02-14-2014, 02:14 PM
Project Manager

The quest is currently in game, yes. While reviewing it, I noticed the caster spawns were rarer than they should be, yet their drop rate was higher than it should be. Corrected these issues, pending update.

Not seeing any of them is strange though. Are you sure you're at the correct camp? They only spawn in the one goblin camp, the southern one with 2 igloos.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I had spent time evenly divided at the two igloos camps and hadn't seen any. Since your post, I have seen the casters, and after about 2-3 hours did complete the quest - seems like a reasonable spawn/drop rate now, so your change worked appropriately in my opinion. Thanks so much for your time and attention!

Paladin of Marr
Old 02-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

Default Goblin Caster

I was recently in Everfrost leveling my Rangerling killing mostly mammoth calves. I did see two odd spawns on tracking that I didn't ever remember.

One was a goblin caster (saw twice total in a week of constant tracking) and the other was I think a "Snow Wolf" instead of a White Wolf.

The Goblin caster was indeed at the igloos and neither time I killed him did he drop anything let alone a quest piece.

Something else that doesn't seem classic is Martar & Karg spawning. In that week of constant tracking, I saw each of them one time. You might look at their spawn rate as well, it seems way out of whack.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:35 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andragore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had spent time evenly divided at the two igloos camps and hadn't seen any. Since your post, I have seen the casters, and after about 2-3 hours did complete the quest - seems like a reasonable spawn/drop rate now, so your change worked appropriately in my opinion. Thanks so much for your time and attention!
The changes I made won't go into effect until next patch. I think your luck improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was recently in Everfrost leveling my Rangerling killing mostly mammoth calves. I did see two odd spawns on tracking that I didn't ever remember.

One was a goblin caster (saw twice total in a week of constant tracking) and the other was I think a "Snow Wolf" instead of a White Wolf.

The Goblin caster was indeed at the igloos and neither time I killed him did he drop anything let alone a quest piece.

Something else that doesn't seem classic is Martar & Karg spawning. In that week of constant tracking, I saw each of them one time. You might look at their spawn rate as well, it seems way out of whack.
goblin caster and snow wolf should be spawning. no issues of which I'm aware.

martar/karg - one of them spawns every 8 hours, with a slight variance. If this isn't correct, post details and I will look into it.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

Patch Notes - Sunday, March 28th 2010
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4854

Nilbog: Karg and Martar Icebear will now be 8 hour spawns +/- 2 hours.

So if they are seperate spawns (aren't the PH for each other), even if killed immediately, you should see one or the other an average of once every 4 hours.

I saw one of each over a weeks time playing probably 40 hours tracking every time the button repopped on a Ranger.

Most of the times I played, the only people high enough in the zone to be able to kill them were at Ice Giants. I never saw another Ranger and the Druids were all low/mid 20s killing mammoths. I should have seen them 5x each on average.

My main on live was a Druid and I remember killing Martar several times a night too so I doubt they were on a timer at all but had PHs (not each other either).

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=658
Post from 2000 saying both Karg and Martar were up at the same time so they shouldn't be PHs for each other (in case they are here).

"This guy is tough. I've heard rumors that he only spawns when Karg Icebear has been killed, but I don't think that is true becausewhen I got my cloak from Karg, I turned around and got a fist full of Martar fist. Very nasty surprise. I only had around 250 hp at the time and he dropped me like a small child drops an expensive item in a glass shop. Stay away from him unless your lvl 38 or higher."

Here is a post from one of those forum experts (their name in green) from 2001:

"Sometimes, by the grace of the gods, another beast will spawn in his place. I have seen such forms as a "ice goblin whelp" and " a polar bear cub" spawn in his absence. It is most unusual to see a cub so far out on the tundra near the Mammie Ruins - slay it and head for the Perma Frost gate and keep tracking."
Old 02-18-2014, 11:03 PM
Fire Giant

On Karg:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3611

"Im not so sure about the long time between spawns listed above. Yesterday I was doing the lupine claw quest and was able to track Karg 3 separate times in 4 real time hours. I did the claw quest twice and he disappeared both times. I'm not sure if doing the quests increases his spawn rate or if he spawns more frequently than people realize. "

From 2000 on multiple spawns in a short time period.
"Last night 2 people spent all day camping for him. Then someone killed martyr and he spawned about 15-30min later. About 45 min after that martyr spawned again my groupie was his target he ran him to snowflake's group and had him killed. again 15-30 min later karg spawned this time i got 2 polar bear cloaks then a highbee killed him. A third time martyr spawned a highbee took him out just after he ripped me up. Then about 15-30 min later karg was spotted at the north tower all of these were seen near the north tower on the innorruk server between 7pm and 10pm systime not sure exactly we were camping the orc shamans"

Another from 2000 saying they were both up at the same time and fighting each other!
"First he is Even at 35th lvl.
Second, Martar is definitely NOT a place holder for Karg. I've seen them fight. Karg of course won hands down. He's not too tough if you kite but hand to hand he's rough.
Also, he's not a rare spawn but seems to come in waves. I've Killed him three times in an hour before, while killing Martar twice in the same time. I've also looked for him for hours and not seen him. "

Another person killing Martar 3x in an hour:
"Ok, i have been trying to find Karg and have had no luck what-so-ever. I'm trying to get the Werewolf Cloak quest done. Spent 4 hrs again last night running in circles, but no spawns. But Martar popped up three times in the first hour that i was on, killed him each time and after that he never spawned again either. Another player said that both Martar and Karg are just random spawns and you never know when. Anyone have any other opinons on this theory? By the way, Martar was blue to my lvl40 druid, so atleast i am still getting some exp out there."

I saw someone's post that said he despawns after you turn in quest items but this one refutes it (and again mentions both being up at the same time):

"Had the fortune to track both Karg and Martar at the same time in EF a few days ago. There is doubt among some that they can spawn simultaneously. They can.

Interestly, Karg dropped TWO of the big GZ swords. Surprised me anyway.

Another time with a lower level character, I was able to negotiate 3 of the Polar bear cloaks off of Karg, who then continued on his merry way, not despawning."
Closed Thread