Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 10:01 AM
Sarnak

Default Gearing iksar war?

Want to make an iksar warrior but have concerns over lack of plate armor. Am I syking myself out or is this a real issue? On a side note is iksar warrior best option outside of big races?
Old 07-17-2018, 11:33 AM
Banned

just look for chainmail with hp/sta on it or high ac
brig tunic/something 50hp
azure sleeves
dragon something legs and boots and i got bored typing this sorry
iksar scaled gloves
oh wait
no slam
Old 07-17-2018, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

I'd be more concerned about low str and low sta. Also, not having slam is a big deal, but you do have regen.

As a warrior you will be grouped pretty much all the time, Regen is nice, but having more strength and AC is better, but that's just my opinion.

I played a barbarian warrior as my first character back in the beginning of Kunark. Was really a tough class to play. Got all the way to 55 with him, now I play a necro and enjoy my life a lot more haha.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:54 PM
Fire Giant

Not really an issue. Sure there's some staple/cheap items on the server for War that you might not be able to wear, but later in your career they won't matter and you'll be fine. Biggest annoyance I've had is clicky invis, as Iksars can't use the unlimited click invis items (or other Cobalt armor, like Shrink Bracer) other wars can. But, a Invis Mask + Rings makes up for this easy enough, along with a shrink pot.

Iksar obv still worth it though...because you know...Tail!
Old 07-19-2018, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

The lack of unlimited invis clickies Doujou pointed out is literally the only drawback to being an iksar for me. Iksar can be great warriors.

So can every other race though. I've always been a fan of play what you like. My 2nd pick would have been wood elf.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:23 PM
Orc

I just started an iksar warrior and got him to about 30 already and love it. As for the unlimited invis clickie, think about how much one of those items vs the rechargeable versions. Unless you are already rolling in the dough it is likely going to take you a long time before you even have close to enough plat to afford them and will probably be relying on the mask/rings until then anyways. Definitely something you can live without. I had good amount of plat to throw at this char but there are definitely plenty of droppable items with good stats/AC that you can buy. Crystal Chitin being a good example. I will probably just ride with this gear until I start getting PoHate/SKy, HoT/Thurg armor and other raid drops. Minus the Fungi/CoCW a lot of these items are very affordable.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]oozler
Old 07-19-2018, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cobalt Bracer, Cobalt Greaves, and Blazing Gauntlets of Fennin Ro are the relevant items Iksars cannot use. Both bracer and greaves can be replaced with self only expendables, but you cannot cast them on others like you can with cobalt. There is no replacement for gauntlets.
I'm not very familiar with these items is it a big deal to not be able to use them? Will this hinder me significantly later on? If so what would be a better race choice that can use them?
Old 07-19-2018, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

Cobalt bracer = shrink clicky, replace with 10 dose shrink potion
Cobalt greaves = invis clicky, replace with invis rings and larrikan mask
Blazing gauntlets = ATK buff that you really don't need unless you care about min-maxing DPS

Not having these won't hinder you at all.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Would this not replace the gauntlets?
https://wiki.project1999.com/Berserkers_Ring
Old 07-19-2018, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The gauntlets are a worn effect that stacks with everything. The ring is a buff that is overwritten by the ranger spell strength of nature.
and there's the answer...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread