Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 02:35 PM
Banned

Wink How would you feel if a Paladin?

If a paladin, of higher levels and outside group, offered to heal for your group and just hung around say orc1, or CE, and helped heal your group? Offered free rezzes? Just to be helpful? Maybe provided a bit of extra CC and roleplayed?

Would you enjoy this? Be OK with it? Would it be a rules violation if they didn't KS? Assuming the paladin would leave you alone if you asked them to leave camp.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-17-2018, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd greatly appreciate it, do you do house calls too?
EverQuest, only, sorry! Any houses there you have in mind though?
Old 07-17-2018, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

I don't see anything wrong with this...
Especially if the paladin were roleplaying, that'd just be like an immersion enhancer. Thumbs up imo!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-17-2018, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Sometimes it's nice to get some outside help. Sometimes they overstay their welcome. Sometimes it's annoying and you kinda just want them to leave but don't quite know how to say it without coming off like a jerk. Sometimes it progresses through all 3 stages.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes it's nice to get some outside help. Sometimes they overstay their welcome. Sometimes it's annoying and you kinda just want them to leave but don't quite know how to say it without coming off like a jerk. Sometimes it progresses through all 3 stages.
Yeah, I've gone through this with druids, clerics, and enchanters. I think the best way to avoid stage 3 is to just remain passive and not help "too much" or try to avoid encouraging power leveling.

Sometimes, I want to revisit an older, under leveled camp, or something, and it's taken, or I don't have the gear to really go it alone, but it's nice to just hang out for an hour maybe.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:57 PM
Banned

Why does it have to be a paladin? I do it sometimes on my shammy for groups.

I can't imagine who would be annoyed with basically free power leveling/buffs. And I think you can sit in any camp you want as long as you aren't taking people's mobs.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does it have to be a paladin? I do it sometimes on my shammy for groups.

I can't imagine who would be annoyed with basically free power leveling/buffs. And I think you can sit in any camp you want as long as you aren't taking people's mobs.
It doesn't. I just wanted to use it as an example. Paladins aren't a particularly powerful powerleveling class or anything like that. They aren't going to really tip the scales in a big fight unless way over leveled or extremely well geared. I think the harder the mobs get and the less able the paladin is to solo the camp, the more danger having a paladin around might bring if played irresponsibly. And it'd be totally wrong to really expect to be included at/near level without asking politely first.

Bards also might be an interesting choice, but seeing as they wouldn't be grouping, not as cool as the extra heals. Only able to bring CC or charm to the mix.

I've had rangers hang around my groups too, and sometimes thats nice, but their magic is so weak it's basically not really notice-able. Healing out of group can be quite fun, but no one really likes a main healer paladin either.
Last edited by clevergirl; 07-17-2018 at 04:11 PM..
Old 07-17-2018, 04:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards also might be an interesting choice, but seeing as they wouldn't be grouping, not as cool as the extra heals. Only able to bring CC or charm to the mix.
Bards can hold aggro on 25 mobs at a time. If you're talking way outleveled content it would be pretty easy to sit there with a DS and let stuff break itself against you while the group hacks away at it.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruptcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards can hold aggro on 25 mobs at a time. If you're talking way outleveled content it would be pretty easy to sit there with a DS and let stuff break itself against you while the group hacks away at it.
Did not know this. Thanks. Yes I have played the game, but I don't get powerlevels like 100 mobs at once often, if ever, though I've seen people doing it.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73© [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leveling like a pleb - not such a clevergirl after all.
Chardok AOE supporter spotted, sorry that's not a thing anymore ^^