Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:13 AM
Large Bat

Default Glad to be here.

I started playing EQ back in the Verant days before Ruins of Kunark expansion. Boy, those were the days.

Being a low level and medding to a blank screen.
hitting /dir to work up my direction finding skill.
No easy way to find your corpse on a corpse run.
Hating ghouls.

In essence a tough game unlike the typical nanny games out there now.

I started on Xegony and eventually was invited into the Equinox Brigade for giving a high level a bind in Freeport and refusing to accept a donation for it. It seems like that kind of community is developing here so I am glad that I found this place.

Online I go by Couerone.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome back and don't get turned off by a lot of the pathetic stuff you'll find on the forums. The in-game community is great.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome to the server!
You will find the in game community to be great and helpful. There are mobs to be killed and loot to be had once again! It's a great server to be on.
-----------------------
Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Large Bat

I've played a lot of MMORPGs in my days since I left EQ many years ago. At the time I was addicted and my dreams even looked like the EQ world. It was spooky. But in almost all of the MMORPGs that I've played since, the exception being Rubies of Eventide, the one thing that has been missing from many of them is the difficulty and the camaraderie that was found on the early EQ servers. Remembering what it was like to log on in the evening and find the same people to group with every night were times I'll never forget.

It is heartening but yet sad in a way to see so many people run off to watered down games like WOW and such, where the game is all about leveling and having the best raid gear while missing the journey along the way. I think this community here is going to rekindle the feeling of the old EQ.

I used to smoke cigarettes but quit many years ago. Today I have the felling like I would have if I started smoking once again. It's like I can't wait to get home tonight and log back on.

It is my hope to get my wife interested enough to give it a chance and see if she'll play as well.

And my even greater hope is to one day start my own guild named "Remnants of Xegony" or "Shadows of Xegony" or similar.
Closed Thread